Sum for the month for current year.

merchguy

OK, here is my problem. I have the following formula that gives me the sum a cell in Column K if the cell in Column A has a date of 1/xx/2009:

=SUMPRODUCT(('Tourney Stats'!$A$14:$A$9996<>"")*(MONTH('Tourney Stats'!$A$14:$A$9996)=1)*(YEAR('Tourney Stats'!$A$14:$A$9996)=2009)*('Tourney Stats'!$K$14:$K$9996))​

I would like to adjust this formula to where after 2009, it will start calculating only 2010, so basically go blank at the end of 2009 and start all over in 2010. I have a series of these that basically sum up for each month of the year.

Macros are not an option since I am using Office 2008 for Mac. I know that all I basically need to do is change =2009 to another command but I can't figure it out.

Thanks for your help,

Merch

Excel Facts

Who is Mr Spreadsheet?
Author John Walkenbach was Mr Spreadsheet until his retirement in June 2019.
Try
=SUMPRODUCT(('Tourney Stats'!$A$14:$A$9996<>"")*(MONTH('Tourney Stats'!$A$14:$A$9996)=1)*(YEAR('Tourney Stats'!$A$14:$A$9996)=YEAR(TODAY()))*('Tourney Stats'!$K$14:$K$9996))

Hope this helps

Upvote 0
Try
=SUMPRODUCT(('Tourney Stats'!$A$14:$A$9996<>"")*(MONTH('Tourney Stats'!$A$14:$A$9996)=1)*(YEAR('Tourney Stats'!$A$14:$A$9996)=YEAR(TODAY()))*('Tourney Stats'!$K$14:$K$9996))

Hope this helps
Doh, I was using the TODAY(), but didn't have the =YEAR in front of it. Thanks for the help.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JPav

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back