SUM Formula, but exluding a hard coded n/a field

manny1975

Hi guys, trying to do a sum of numbers but excluding the hard coded n/a field. I did this, but it did not work:

=IFSUM(Ai2,AG2,AF10,AB10,Z10,"n/a"=0)

obviously thats wrong, but can someone tell me how to create this formula?

Thanks!!!

Excel Facts

Remove leading & trailing spaces
Save as CSV to remove all leading and trailing spaces. It is faster than using TRIM().
It should just be:

=SUM(AI2,AG2,AF10,AB10,Z10)

since SUM ignores non-numeric values.

Upvote 0
Thanks Eric! Here's where it get a bit more complicated now. So I have a point value system of 100 total points. That's what each employee can get for certain projects, but not every employee participates in these projects. So for example, project one is worth 5 points, project two worth 8 points, but if a project wasn't completed by the employee for example, project 3 was worth 10 points, but the employee didn't do it so they got a "0". How would I add the sum of all projects, but excluding the NA so the employee doesn't get dinged for a project that didn't get completed because it didnt apply but do ding them for the one that they didnt do and got a "0" for?

Upvote 0
Sorry, I had posted this question on the forum again, but I got the sum part ignores text values. My other dilema is the part where if the point system totals 100, but not all of the subjects will add to 100 since it does not apply. What type of formula can I use with the scenario above?

Upvote 0
It depends on how you want to "ding" the employee. Here's one idea:

Book1
ABCDE
1ProjectValueEmployee1Employee2
2A55NA
3B860
4C10NANA
5D707
6E643
8Sum1510
9Sum/total15/2610/21
Sheet21
Cell Formulas
RangeFormula
D8:E8D8=SUM(D2:D6)
D9:E9D9=D8&"/"&SUMIFS($B$2:$B$6,D$2:D$6,"<>NA")

Employee1 has a total of 15 points. Then the SUMIFS formula in D9 figures out what the maximum number of points is for that employee by not counting the values of cancelled projects. I just displayed the points/maximum available, but you can easily do the actual division to get a percentage. I'm not sure how this will work on your sheet, since your sample showed the point values in cells all over the place, but if you show a sample of your sheet, we might be able to adapt this concept to it.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sharmarick

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back