Sum IF Duplicate Value in New Column Without Consolidation

Jguidry05

I am struggling with a datasheet that has the results of every email campaign I have run. It Contains columns:
EMAILNAMECOMPANYOPENSTITLELISTEmail List

<tbody>
</tbody>

Email addresses appear on the sheet based on their presence on the email results, so many email addresses appear multiple times. I dont want to eliminate the duplicates, or consolidate them, they serve a purpose for me to reference the email with which they opened and its corresponding stats. I am trying to rank email addresses (openers) By their AVG which I have taken from 2 Columns I added: # of Emails opened, and Times Opened (Sum of "Opens" Column above for each corresponding email address for each email they opened)

I would like to find a conditional formula/function to take the sum of each "OPEN" IF there is a duplicate email address without consolidating the duplicates.

So far I have been doing the math by hand and using formulas/functions for the "Times Opened" and "AVG"

EMAILNAMECOMPANYOPENSTITLELISTEmail ListTimes Opened Emails# EMAILS OPENEDAVG
13IEUPS@BELLSOUTH.NETPEGGY SEGURAPEGGY SEGURA INC1OwnerinfoUSAMSSP Combined Lists Linkedin and InfoUSA1
GLENRAY@COX.NETGLEN RO\AYGLEN WELL SVC INC1ManagerinfoUSAMSSP Combined Lists Linkedin and InfoUSA1
MRFENCE@COX.NETALDEN TRENTMR FENCE1ManagerinfoUSAMSSP Combined Lists Linkedin and InfoUSA221
MRFENCE@COX.NETALDEN TRENTMR FENCE1ManagerUSAMPS 30% Off -USA List221
AALBERT@FNB.COMARLENE ALBERTFIRST NATIONAL BANK1Executive OfficerUSAMPS 30% Off -USA List1

<tbody>
</tbody>

Excel Facts

How can you turn a range sideways?
Copy the range. Select a blank cell. Right-click, Paste Special, then choose Transpose.
I found the solution using the SUMIF= Formula. It did exactly what I needed it to.
=SUMIF(A$2:A$2709,A2,D$2:D$2709)
Dragged down to copy and worked like a charm.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cancansova

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back