Sum if

SPLUCENA

Board Regular
Hi All,

Can somebody please assist me with these issue of mine in excel.

I tried using sumif function but it is not working for me.

I have in the cells the following item. I want to add the value of gas only. SumIf function does not work for me. Please help.

Thanks,

splucena

ROW 1 ROW 2 TOTAL QTY
GAS 500
GAS 100
OTHER 800
GAS 200

Excel Facts

Highlight Duplicates
Home, Conditional Formatting, Highlight Cells, Duplicate records, OK to add pink formatting to any duplicates in selected range.
Hi Vog,

I forgot to include that I have two criteria in summing if. Kindly look at the example below.

ROW 1 ROW 2 ROW 3 TOTAL QTY
GAS 500 1-JAN-09
GAS 100 2-JAN-09
OTHER 800 1-JAN-09
GAS 200 1-JAN-09

I want the sumif function to specify for me the total date wise. I am trying to make two arrays with the date as object but it is giving me a zero value. Kindly help.

Thanks,

splucena

Upvote 0
Try this

Excel Workbook
ABCDE
1GAS50001-Jan-09700
2GAS10002-Jan-09
3OTHER80001-Jan-09
4GAS20001-Jan-09
Sheet1

Upvote 0
Hi Vog,

Is there a way I can have this formula written in VBA code? Because what I am currently doing right now is I am manually entering it cell by cell. I have around 31 columns and 20 cells in each column to fill manually and changing my datevalue from day 1 to day 31. Thank you for your assistance.

splucena

Upvote 0
You can enter the dates of interest in cells and then use a formula like

<b>Sheet12</b><br /><br /><table border="1" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="0" style="font-family:Calibri,Arial; font-size:11pt; background-color:#ffffff; padding-left:2pt; padding-right:2pt; "> <colgroup><col style="font-weight:bold; width:30px; " /><col style="width:64px;" /><col style="width:64px;" /><col style="width:64px;" /><col style="width:24px;" /><col style="width:75px;" /><col style="width:64px;" /></colgroup><tr style="background-color:#cacaca; text-align:center; font-weight:bold; font-size:8pt; "><td > </td><td >A</td><td >B</td><td >C</td><td >D</td><td >E</td><td >F</td></tr><tr style="height:18px ;" ><td style="font-size:8pt; background-color:#cacaca; text-align:center; " >1</td><td >GAS</td><td style="text-align:right; ">500</td><td style="text-align:right; ">01-Jan-09</td><td > </td><td style="text-align:right; ">01/01/2009</td><td style="text-align:right; ">700</td></tr><tr style="height:18px ;" ><td style="font-size:8pt; background-color:#cacaca; text-align:center; " >2</td><td >GAS</td><td style="text-align:right; ">100</td><td style="text-align:right; ">02-Jan-09</td><td > </td><td style="text-align:right; ">02/01/2009</td><td style="text-align:right; ">100</td></tr><tr style="height:18px ;" ><td style="font-size:8pt; background-color:#cacaca; text-align:center; " >3</td><td >OTHER</td><td style="text-align:right; ">800</td><td style="text-align:right; ">01-Jan-09</td><td > </td><td > </td><td > </td></tr><tr style="height:18px ;" ><td style="font-size:8pt; background-color:#cacaca; text-align:center; " >4</td><td >GAS</td><td style="text-align:right; ">200</td><td style="text-align:right; ">01-Jan-09</td><td > </td><td > </td><td > </td></tr></table><br /><table style="font-family:Arial; font-size:10pt; border-style: groove ;border-color:#00ff00;background-color:#fffcf9; color:#000000; "><tr><td ><b>Spreadsheet Formulas</b></td></tr><tr><td ><table border = "1" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="2" style="font-family:Arial; font-size:9pt;"><tr style="background-color:#cacaca; font-size:10pt;"><td >Cell</td><td >Formula</td></tr><tr><td >F1</td><td >=SUMPRODUCT(--<span style=' color:008000; '>(A$1:A$10="GAS")</span>,--<span style=' color:008000; '>(C$1:C$10=E1)</span>,B$1:B$10)</td></tr><tr><td >F2</td><td >=SUMPRODUCT(--<span style=' color:008000; '>(A$1:A$10="GAS")</span>,--<span style=' color:008000; '>(C$1:C$10=E2)</span>,B$1:B$10)</td></tr></table></td></tr></table> <br />Excel tables to the web - Excel Jeanie Html 4

Upvote 0
hi Vog,

I have done that already. But is not what I really want. I think I will be able to explain what I wanted if I post my project. how do you copy paste the cells with the formulas when you reply? i am trying to do it but just can't be pasted.

splucena

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RobertJones1986

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back