Sum Non Adjacent Cells, Ignore Error Cells

MamaStacia

Office Version
  1. 2016
Platform
  1. Windows
Hello, Thank you for your help. I have a formula that works fine as long as there are not any errors in the cells it's calculating. If there are any errors it returns a #N/A error. I am trying to find the average of 2 columns monthly without averaging averages (which would be incorrect data). The only thing that is different in the 2 formulas below is I added +(D14/D14) and D14 & E14 have a vlookup #N/A error since it's for Aug which doesn't have data yet. Is there an IFERROR, IFNA, or SUMIF function I can use with the formula below so I can set it and forget it for 12 months of data? The formula I tried wouldn't work.

Working Formula
=((D8/E8)+(D9/E9)+(D10/E10)+(D11/E11)+(D12/E12)+(D13/E13))/(COUNT(C8:C18)) = 59.1%

Error Formula
=((D8/E8)+(D9/E9)+(D10/E10)+(D11/E11)+(D12/E12)+(D13/E13)+(D14/E14))/(COUNT(C8:C18)) = #N/A

Tried Formula
=SUMIF(((D8/E8)+(D9/E9)+(D10/E10)+(D11/E11)+(D12/E12)+(D13/E13)+(D14/E14))/(COUNT(C8:C18)),">=0")

Excel Facts

Control Word Wrap
Press Alt+Enter to move to a new row in a cell. Lets you control where the words wrap.
Image of my spreadsheet for reference.

Attachments

• Sum Non Adjacent Cells, Ignore Errors.JPG
    Sum Non Adjacent Cells, Ignore Errors.JPG
    67.1 KB · Views: 9
Upvote 0
So i have two Question

In the range D8:D14 if there is error in D14 how much count should (COUNT(C8:C18)) generate. 7 count or 6 Count (Ignoring Error)

can you go with other formula (instead of manually entering the ranges each and every time)

Upvote 0
The count excludes any cells with errors (6). I would be happy to go with any formula that would work preventing an average of averages. The end result is the Average % of Net Hours to Total Hours over months containing data which will auto update as data is added to the list each month. AVERAGEIF(E8:E18,">=0") works perfectly with the whole numbers just not the %.

Upvote 0
Nevermind, reviewing the data row 13 was incorrect. Should have been 61.9%, 6.5 and 10.5 respectively. Correcting the data allowed for AVERAGEIF to work since it is an average of percentages not average of averages. Thank you for your help. Problem Solved!

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Armadillos

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back