sum of asgn

eric.l.bohon

Board Regular
Need some help. I have a form that will be used for my daily perstat. On this form I have to send it up to higher headquarters of where all the people are in my company (army thing). Now the query the form is based on has certain feilds in it. Know in the query I have it where if the name is inputed in it will give me a number 1 in the asgn column.

Now what I am trying to do is combine sertain ranks together on to the form to give me a total of that certain rank. Something like this: If I have 5 female in the SGT field Assgned to the unit, then in the text box on the form it will give me a number 5.

can someone help me with this.

Excel Facts

What do {} around a formula in the formula bar mean?
{Formula} means the formula was entered using Ctrl+Shift+Enter signifying an old-style array formula.
eric

Could you perhaps try and use non-military language?:)

I think I can guess that the asgn column has something to do with assignments, but then again it could mean something completely different.

I would also suggest that if you are using field names like asgn you might want to try using more descriptive names.

Upvote 0
lets see if this will work:

I have 5 officers in my unit. now on the form I have to track if they take a day off and etc. now I also need to tack the number of females/males and if they are enlisted/officer/warrant that work form me.

If I have 3 male officers and 2 female officers, I need to have 1 text box to combine the 3 male officers into the number 3 and another text box to combine the 3 female officers in the number 3.

hope this is better.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gleisner2

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back