Sum of Date Range

DBlack16

Hello,

I m trying to have a live running total of my net profit for each month and I m unsure how to quite formulate it.

In column A I have an item description so that isn t needed for this. In column B I have the net profit of each item sold when it sells and column C is the the date sold when I sell the item.

How do I formulate a new cell, which I would call "March Net Profit" to look at column C for a specific date range (so for this month, 3-1-2019 through 3-31-2019) and find the sales that correlate in column B and give me the sum or total net profit for that date range? I have blanks in both column B and Column C, as there are items that are unsold still and could remain unsold until the next month and so on. I need the new cell to update as I enter info each month when items sell and course I'll have a new cell for each correlating month.

Hopefully I have worded this clearly enough do that the question is understood.

Thank you

Excel Facts

Get help while writing formula
Click the italics "fx" icon to the left of the formula bar to open the Functions Arguments dialog. Help is displayed for each argument.
I would create two dynamic named ranges using the formulas below and naming them "DateRng" and "NetRng". I would put the beginning and ending date you want to sum in two different cells. Then using the Sumifs formula below referencing the named ranges.

DateRng
=OFFSET(Sheet16!$B$1,1,0,MATCH(1E+300,Sheet16!$B:$B)-ROW(Sheet16!$B$1),1)

NetRng
=OFFSET(Sheet16!$C$1,1,0,MATCH(1E+300,Sheet16!$B:$B)-ROW(Sheet16!$B$1),1)

Cell E1: 3/1/2019
Cell D1: 03/31/2019

Cell F1: =SUMIFS(NetRng,DateRng,">"&E1-1,DateRng,"<"&F1+1)

Upvote 0
In D2 make a formula that says "=MONTH(C2)" and fill that down. Then your formula would be "=SUMIF(D:D,3,B:B)", since 3 is March.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mdusw

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back