sum of going out amounts in filtered list and sum of coming in amounts in same filtered list

littlepete

Office Version
  1. 365
Platform
  1. Windows
hello :)

I have a long list of amounts of money coming in, and going out for a list of companies.
the companies names are in column E. the amounts of money in column G.

I would like a FORMULA to filter on the name of a company and then see for that company the total amount of money gone out, in a cell,
AND the total amount of money coming in, in a cell next to it, for that same company ...

example:

company A : -5 -15 25 -10 15
company B : 7 -5 12 14 -11

company A : sum of -5 -15 -10 = -30. sum of 15 25 15 = 55.
company B : sum of -5 -11 = -16. sum of 7 12 14 = 33.

I have tried to combine subtotal with other possibilities... no combination succeeded... who knows how ?

thank you !!!

Excel Facts

Links? Where??
If Excel says you have links but you can't find them, go to Formulas, Name Manager. Look for old links to dead workbooks & delete.
Is the data actually filtered (with rows hidden by the filter) or are you just referring to the formula criteria as a filter?

Your thread title says one thing, the information in your post says the other and both require very different solutions.

edit:- you also say that the amounts are in column G (a single column) yet your example suggests multiple columns so this is another inconsistent piece of information that you will need to correct.

Upvote 0
Is the data actually filtered (with rows hidden by the filter) or are you just referring to the formula criteria as a filter?

Your thread title says one thing, the information in your post says the other and both require very different solutions.

edit:- you also say that the amounts are in column G (a single column) yet your example suggests multiple columns so this is another inconsistent piece of information that you will need to correct.
hello :)

data are filtered with the autofilter, i use it to see the data for one company... and then i want to see not the total of all positive and negative amounts, which i get at the bottom right in excel, but two different data: one cell giving the total all incoming, and one cell giving the total of all outgoing :)

the names of the companies are in column E; all the amounts are in column G.
My example in the message just wanted to show that i want the totals of minus and plus in a different cell...

if you have more questions, just ask :) thx for your time !

Upvote 0
For what you are doing I would use a pivot table instead of formulas, you could have the company names in the pivot filter box with values greater than 0 and less than 0.

Is that something that you can work with?

Upvote 0
For what you are doing I would use a pivot table instead of formulas, you could have the company names in the pivot filter box with values greater than 0 and less than 0.

Is that something that you can work with?
hello ;)

it's after midnight here (belgium), so i'll check that pivot thing tomorrow, and answer here after that!
thank you for the help so far !!!

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
peterhess2002

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back