Sum Product confusion

bigry26

Hi Everyone,

I have a formula that I'd like to write but i either get #value ! or 0 for the answer but 0 is not the correct answer.

This data is on a separate spread sheet.

ABCD
DateShiftReasonTime
208/26/182Washing1:00
308/26/182Washing1:00
408/26/182Washing4:00

<tbody>
</tbody>

I need to know how much time was spent washing on 2nd shift on 08/26/18 with sumproduct formula.

Current formula is =SUMPRODUCT(OTHER SPREAD SHEET!$A:$A=$F$1)*(OTHER SPREAD SHEET$B:$B=$I$1)*(OTHER SPREAD SHEET $E:$E=A44)*OTHER SPREAD SHEET!$F:$F

$F$1 = DATE
$I$1 = SHIFT
A44 = REASON
$F:$F = Time down for.

I know i can't use sumif because both spread sheets are rarely open at the same time. Thank you in advance.

Excel Facts

Quick Sum
Select a range of cells. The total appears in bottom right of Excel screen. Right-click total to add Max, Min, Count, Average.
A shhet name like OTHER SPREAD SHEET must be quoted like this: 'OTHER SPREAD SHEET'.

=SUMIFS(SumRange,DateRange,$F$1,ShiftRange,$I$1,ReasonRange,A44)

=SUMPRODUCT(SumRange,(DateRange=$F$1)*(ShiftRange=$I$1)*(ReasonRange,A44))

Both formula should work as intended. But avoid referencing whole columns for reasons of efficiency.

Upvote 0
The reason i was referencing the whole column is the data sheet is growing daily. If i select a range, when data is added would it be included? The reason i can't use sumifs because I'm taking data from three spread sheets to one for a performance report and they won't be open at the same time.

Upvote 0
The reason i was referencing the whole column is the data sheet is growing daily. If i select a range, when data is added would it be included? The reason i can't use sumifs because I'm taking data from three spread sheets to one for a performance report and they won't be open at the same time.

Does the SUMPRODUCT version work for you? If it does, care to post that formula as you implemented?

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mariah3

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back