SUM TOTAL

cornishteeth

Board Regular
I am new to Access and trying to figure out somehthing that is probably a simple thing. On a form, I have 4 inputs that denote downtime for a machine that I am running (DT SETUP, DT MAINT, DT ELEC, DT REG). I want to tally the total, show it on the form, and also put the amount in my table under TOTAL DOWNTIME for later "querying." The problem that I am having is that I can get it to total on the form using the formula below. The formula is placed in the Control Source of my TOTAL DOWNTIME info. Once it tallies the total, why can I get it to go to the table under TOTAL DOWNTIME. What am I missing?

=Sum([DT SETUP]+[DT MAINT]+[DT ELEC]+[DT REG])

V/R
Cornish Teeth

Excel Facts

Can a formula spear through sheets?
Use =SUM(January:December!E7) to sum E7 on all of the sheets from January through December
Hi cornishteeth

What you are missing is : Where would the result go in your table? Into the first row with a value that complies to your search criteria or the last row??

The only place that you can show a Sum_Total value is in a query. The query would display the records that represent a query value grouped by a date, an amount of time between dates etc, etc. and your Sum total would go into that record.

You could then create a table, or update a table with that single record with the grouped values and the total you want.

Any help??

anvil19
:eek:

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
denissimo

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back