SumIF accross tabs with specific cell criteria and between date ranges

New_Excel_VBA_User

Office Version
  1. 2016
Platform
  1. Windows
I'm attempting to sum across a range of tabs if certain criteria are met included between a date range; I've tried the following but keep getting value error. Any help appreciated.

=+SUMIFS('Template:End Tab'!$U$19:$U$150,'Template:End Tab'!S4,"Lessee",'Template:End Tab'!$Q$19:$Q$150,">="&B10,'Template:End Tab'!$Q19:Q$150,"<="&C10)

Last edited:

Excel Facts

Do you hate GETPIVOTDATA?
Prevent GETPIVOTDATA. Select inside a PivotTable. In the Analyze tab of the ribbon, open the dropown next to Options and turn it off
I'm no expert, self taught and YouTube but I had a similar requirement and came up with this solution

SUMIFS(UnitsJan21,DateJan21,">="&$C$2,DateJan21,"<="&$D$2,StoreJan21,A5)

I've used ranges for dates and the criteria

I am counting the units in the range UnitsJan21 between the start and the end of the month (in bold) against a list of stores in the range StoreJan21, store number A5

I also found a way to do it using SUMPRODUCT, not sure which is the best or easiest

SUMPRODUCT(UnitsMar21,(DateMar21>=Q$2)*(DateMar21<=R$2)*(StoreMar21=$A5))

Hope that gives you something to work from.

Upvote 0
Solution
Well, no luck so far :). I have a workbook that depending on criteria creates a separate tab with amortization calculated. If on the new tab (a field contains a value - "Lessee") I want to create a summary of data based on a date range (for example fiscal year 7-1-2020 to 6-30-2021) , I tried the formula on the summary tab below:

+SUMIFS('Template:End Tab'!$U$19:$U$150,'Template:End Tab'!S4,"Lessee",'Template:End Tab'!$Q$19:$Q$150,">="&B10,'Template:End Tab'!$Q19:Q$150,"<="&C10)

I'm not as familiar with SUMPRODUCT but thinking I'm needing to use it but getting stuck on the multiple criteria = Between date ranges and a set cell equals a specific term.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DannyC96

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back