Sumif and Colorfunction Colaboration.

HVAC Esti

Office Version
  1. 2010
Platform
  1. Windows
I am looking for a way to add the colorfunction and sumif options together. What I have are multiple sheets in an excel file the "main" tab has a list of pieces of equipment for a project we are bidding (sometimes up to 1000 lines) on this tab we use colors to differentiate which division of our business will be installing the piece of equipment and at the bottom of this tab are cells totaling the hours for each division per the assigned color (using colorfunction, so the colorfuntion VB works). On another tab "units" we have breakouts that are determined by who we are sending our bid to (this tab changes per project and has had up to 80 rows for breakout). On the "units" tab there is a list of how the owner wants the project broken down and we number that list to make it easier to keep track of. For costs I can use the sumif function and get the correct price for the equipment into the correct breakout row. On this tab we have 7 columns for each division. What I would like to do is something like this =sumif(column on main tab with row numbers in it, colorfunction(color of division,columns were hrs are, True),columns were hrs are) I know that I can't combine the VB function with the sumif though.

I'm not sure if my above explanation makes sense, hopefully it does. I hadn't seen any threads like this yet other than the countif ones. If there is already a thread addressing this please send me there. I'll try to get a file together that I can share that doesn't have "company secrets" in it or that if i shared would cause me to get fired and get it on here.

Thanks in advance.

oops - forgot all about you
Sorry - will revert tomorrow

Upvote 0

Excel Facts

What is =ROMAN(40) in Excel?
The Roman numeral for 40 is XL. Bill "MrExcel" Jelen's 40th book was called MrExcel XL.
No problem. I am asking for something for free here.

Thanks for all you're doing.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
amjad24

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back