SUMIF and Linking Cells

NaumanJ

Office Version
  1. 2016
Platform
  1. Windows
Hi there,

I am using the COUNTIF formula to count the different cells to get a final amount. While this is counting everything correctly and giving me the correct final amount, I wish to have all the cells that have been counted to be linked to the final value cell (when it is double clicked, to provide detailed data on the values). Let me explain further to make this make sense.

This is what the final inventory count table is going to look like:
Week 4Week 3Week 2Week 1
New Escalations2
Resolved Escalations
Active Escalations

The data from my source looks like this:

Order #Customer NameReason CodeStatusCommentsCreate DateCreate Date (Week)Resolution DateResolution Date (Week)
1​
First CodeCompleteMisc.
1-Jan-20​
Week 1
1-Feb-20​
Week 5
2​
Company 2Second CodeCompleteMisc.
15-Jan-20​
Week 3
12-Feb-20​
Week 7
3​
Company 3First CodeCompleteMisc.
17-Jan-20​
Week 3
2-Feb-20​
Week 5
4​
Company 4Third CodeActiveMisc.
1-Feb-20​
Week 5
5​
Company 5Second CodeActiveMisc.
10-Feb-20​
Week 7

What I'm doing is:
- Counting the amount of orders that will meet the criteria from the source data to populate the inventory count table. For example, in the source data, if "Create Date (Week)" is equal to "Week 3", it will tell me how many times "Week 3" comes up in the entire column.

Here is what I want to build on:
- As we can see, "Week 3" comes up twice in the source data under the "Create Date (Week)" column. This will populate the cells merging "New Escalations" and "Week 3" in the inventory count table with "2" (ie. cell C2). What I wish to have is the intelligence / functionality to have the 2 rows that had "Week 3" linked to the cell that says "2". Thus, if somebody clicks the 2, it will open up a new worksheet / same worksheet with the two data points (so it will provide the detailed data pertaining to the value).

I am really desperate for help with this problem. Can you please let me know if this is possible? How can I go about it? Is there another approach I should be using? PLEASE help me - anything will be appreciated!! :)

Note re post#20
The code assumes that column 9 is EMPTY if not resolved
That is what this line is for
VBA Code:
 crit9b = "="

You can amend that condition but EVERY unresolved cell in column 9 should be IDENTICAL

Upvote 0

Excel Facts

Shade all formula cells
To shade all formula cells: Home, Find & Select, Formulas to select all formulas. Then apply a light fill color.
God bless you, Yongle. You deserve the greatest for this - thank you so so much!

And you're right, I apologize. You're volunteering and there are more important things with the chaos happening right now, I won't do it again.

I will look at this shortly - thanks so much!!!

Upvote 0
Hey Yongle,

I sincerely wanted to thank you so much for all your help in this. You are a life-saver and I truly appreciate your patience & willingness to help. God bless & stay safe :)

Upvote 0
thanks for your feedback. Glad all is sorted. (y)

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rkmenon

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back