Sumif Array

Salar

Board Regular
I am trying to create a spreadsheet to track weekly, monthly, & YTD project costs. The spreadsheet is a list of projects in column A and the budget available per project in column B. The next 52 columns are setup with dates along the heading ie. 3rd January, 10th January, 17th January and so on to the end of the year. Data is entered weekly.

I am looking to work out two totals on is current spend to date which I can do using the sum function.

The second total is for the Current Month ie. sum for January. Then when it becomes Febuary the column resets and starts again untilit is March.

Any help would be appreciated.

I am currently using 2003, but moving to 2010 shortly

Thanks
Salar

Excel Facts

Enter current date or time
Ctrl+: enters current time. Ctrl+; enters current date. Use Ctrl+: Ctrl+; Enter for current date & time.
Salar,

Can the column headings (3rd January, etc...) currently entered as text? If so, could they be changed to be entered as dates? ie 1/3/2010, 1/10/2010

Upvote 0
Salar,
The easiest way I see to to this would be to do the following. Add two hidden helper rows either above or below your dates. In the first row enter =MONTH(B1) and fill across. Do the same in the second row with =Year(B1). Then, assuming that the monthly sum number will be placed in the same row as the budget data enter:

=SUMIFS($B4:$O4,$B$2:$O$2,MONTH(TODAY()),$B$3:$O$3,YEAR(TODAY())) where row two is the same as the row with the MONTH function in it and row three is the same as the YEAR function. You can then fill this down for every project in your sheet.

Once a new month hits, the SUMIFS formula will update to the current month.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
pleeseemailme,

Thanks for your help. I will give it a try and let you know the outcome

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
davidcom

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back