=sumif combining Date, Text & Value for results table

peejaygee

So, I've managed to get the sumif to work, using cells matching to total the sum up, but I can't seem to get it to work, so I can separate by months.

Then I can just punch in the date, the amount and using a drop down, choose the reason, and it will work it out on the right hand side.

The formula I currently have is '=SUMIF(D:D,"*"&H2&"*",C:C)' [H2, I2, ... is the reason to match column D, the values I have in column C, ignore the notes]

is there a way to tweak the formula to separate based on date too?

Example.PNG

Excel Facts

Show numbers in thousands?
Use a custom number format of #,##0,K. Each comma after the final 0 will divide the displayed number by another thousand
Hi, you can give another example, explaining what data you have, what conditions they meet, what they should add and what result you expect.

Upload an excel range:
XL2BB - Excel Range to BBCode

Upvote 0
Unfortunately I don't have another example, that is the only data set (in the attached picture) I am working with.

Upvote 0
Unfortunately I don't have another example, that is the only data set (in the attached picture) I am working with.
But you could build another example, explaining what you need.
I happen to understand what you need, so I ask you to help us help you.

Upvote 0
Well, I'm needing all the totals of a specific category, totaled up into individual months from the data list on the left, using '=sumif'

in the example picture two below, I'd like all of the 'car' totaled up for December to appear in cell K4, then any for January to appear in K5. And, for example, all food values, appear in J4 for Dec, J5 for January.

I can get it to work from the text and the values, but I can't get the '=sumif' to determine what month it is to break them down.

Hope this makes more sense, to help you to help me. Appreciate your help.

Example2.PNG

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Arbind kumar

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back