Sumif Dependant Multiple Named Criteria Problem

KC12345

Gday. I have a issue that has me pulling out my hair. I have to report a value based on the following criteria : Its date raised, what type of valuation it is and it must be a reportable case. I have the following names " Date_raised, Value, Type_of_valuation (there are multiple types that are recorded on another sheet) and Reportable (Yes/No option). Presently I have the following "Sum(if(Date_raised_=A27,Value)*(Type_of_Valuation='Sheet1'!A2))} Works great - problem is that it does not take into account if it is reportable or not. please help

That's what it was ! One row short in the "reportable" named size. thank you. So the first formula worked a treat - thank you so much

Upvote 0

Excel Facts

Formula for Yesterday
Name Manager, New Name. Yesterday =TODAY()-1. OK. Then, use =YESTERDAY in any cell. Tomorrow could be =TODAY()+1.
That's what it was ! One row short in the "reportable" named size. thank you. So the first formula worked a treat - thank you so much

You are welcome. What I did is to exclude the possibility of an error in the relevant ranges with the first 3 diagnostics, then focus on the additional range of Reportable. Since the latter cannot have a #VALUE! error (derived from your description), we could conclude with the last ROWS diagnostic that the size only can cause the observed error.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hat4Life

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back