ExcelRoy

Office Version
  1. 365
Platform
  1. Windows
Hi all,

I am looking for a formula to calculate totals based on codes

I have the following formula

=IF(COUNTBLANK(W16:W411)=396,"",SUMIF(AV16:AV411,{"Can","Cus","Man","Not","Obs","Ret","Rep","Sto","Sup"},W16:W411))

which calculates everything I need but I would only like it to calculate if there is a "B" in column range W16:W411

Many thanks

Excel Facts

How to create a cell-sized chart?
Tiny charts, called Sparklines, were added to Excel 2010. Look for Sparklines on the Insert tab.
A little confusing. You want to trigger the formula if W16:W411 has 396 blanks, and the same range if there's a "B" which is also the range to sum? There's only 396 cells in that range. So, if there's 396 blank cells to trigger the SUM formula, there would be no data in the range.

Or am I missing something?

Upvote 0
A little confusing. You want to trigger the formula if W16:W411 has 396 blanks, and the same range if there's a "B" which is also the range to sum? There's only 396 cells in that range. So, if there's 396 blank cells to trigger the SUM formula, there would be no data in the range.

Or am I missing something?

You are and you're not. He is triggering the formula when there is NOT 396 blanks in the range W16:W411.

=IF(COUNTBLANK(W16:W411)=396,"",SUMIF(AV16:AV411,{"Can","Cus","Man","Not","Obs","Ret","Rep","Sto","Sup"},W16:W411))

On the other hand, if they are all blank, the SUMIF will simply return 0, so it does seem somewhat unnecessary to have that IF in there. Unless for some reason a "" is preferable to a 0.

Upvote 0
Hi all,

Thanks for the replies. I do prefer a "" to a 0 for presentation purposes

I would like the SUMIF to calculate all {"Can","Cus","Man","Not","Obs","Ret","Rep","Sto","Sup"} if column W16:W411 has a "B" in the range

Thanks

Upvote 0
Hi all,

Thanks for the replies. I do prefer a "" to a 0 for presentation purposes

I would like the SUMIF to calculate all {"Can","Cus","Man","Not","Obs","Ret","Rep","Sto","Sup"} if column W16:W411 has a "B" in the range

Thanks

Care to post the data of the relevant ranges along with the expected outcome?

Upvote 0
Hi just had somewhat of a brainstorm and I think I got it

=IF(COUNTBLANK(W16:W411)=396,"",SUMIF(AV16:AV411,{"Can","Cus","Man","Not","Obs","Ret","Rep","Sto","Sup"},W16:W411)*AND(SUMIF(AK16:AK411,"B",W16:W411)))

Can you please run through the logic as I think this will work?

Thanks all

Upvote 0
Hi just had somewhat of a brainstorm and I think I got it

=IF(COUNTBLANK(W16:W411)=396,"",SUMIF(AV16:AV411,{"Can","Cus","Man","Not","Obs","Ret","Rep","Sto","Sup"},W16:W411)*AND(SUMIF(AK16:AK411,"B",W16:W411)))

Can you please run through the logic as I think this will work?

Thanks all

I think you should seriously consider the proposal of post #6.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dreamz high

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back