SUMIF IN VB

Status
Not open for further replies.

davidhall80

Thank you for the other answer, but I'd like the inout box if possible. Please see below for original question....

I get a data dump in columns A to Q. I want to do a SUMIF but the data is spread across multiple columns. for example....where ever there is the word "Computer" or "Phone"......to the right cell of "Computer" or "Phone" ....there is a numerical value. Is it possible for me to add all these values together since they are in different columns. I would like an input box to pop up. In the input box, I would enter the word "Computer" or whatever reference I need and then I would get the sum of all of the values to the right cell of that word in columns A to Q. Is this possible.

example

..........A.............B..........C..........D..........E..........F..........G
1...Computer....$10.............................Phone $35

2.....Phone........$35

3..............................Computer....$25

6.....................................................Computer....$50

I would like the Input box to pop up, then I'd put Computer....and than another input box would return the value $85 (50+25+10)

Some videos you may like

Excel Facts

Highlight Duplicates
Home, Conditional Formatting, Highlight Cells, Duplicate records, OK to add pink formatting to any duplicates in selected range.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Watch MrExcel Video

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
clizama18