SUMIF in VBA

AlanAnderson

Board Regular
Hi,
I am trying to get subtotals on several columns - say D, E and F

The subtotals should EXCLUDE any rows where value in c21 to CFinalrow = "EXCLUDE"
I've tried several variations of Application.WorksheetFunction.Sumif with no success.

Is there a better way than using SumIf?

Regards,

Alan

I Keep doing that use this

ans = Application.WorksheetFunction.SumIf(Cells(15, 4).Resize(FinalRow, 1), "<>EXCLUDE", Cells(15, 3).Resize(FinalRow, 1))

Upvote 0

Excel Facts

Format cells as date
Select range and press Ctrl+Shift+3 to format cells as date. (Shift 3 is the # sign which sort of looks like a small calendar).
Hi Dryver,
Thanks again for the interest. Your code is at least being accepted by the editor.Its a lot more elegant than what I have been doing. Thanks for the tip.
I'm still battling away as I'm not getting correct answers. It seems that the bit " <> EXCLUDE" is not working as I am getting the SUM including the EXCLUDE item.
If I change it to "=EXCLUDE" I should get answer equal to the only item in list with EXCLUDE. Instead I am getting a 0 answer.

Another problem I've just noticed is that resize(FinalRow etc does not seem to resize TO the FinalRow but it resizes by the same number as the FinalRow.
ie If you are on line 10 and final row is 20, resize will select down to line 30 NOT 20.

I'm now totally confused - is there not a better (different) way to do it????

Upvote 0
Ive respoded to push this back to the top.

In responce to the finalrow issue you could put (FinalRow-15, 1) to just reach the bottom cell as you are starting in row 15 as to the other part,
it worked for me but I am not sure if it is case sensitive if it is I am sure someone will pitch in. The other thing you could do is click on the EXCLUDE on the sheet and see if you have any spaces etc in front of the word, you will need to include them in your perenthesis.

Upvote 0
Hi again Dryver,

I really appreciate the time and effort you have been investing in my problem.

After much experimenting I have found that the problem seems to lie in the fact that my Criteria is Text. If I replace EXCLUDE with ">11" or "<666" it works. No matter what combination of text I use it does not.

I am truly perplexed.

Thanks again,

Alan

Upvote 0
Hi Dryver,

Just to let you know I have rather gone for a workaround (given up on SUMIF)
What I'm doing is just doing a loop - basically :

for i = 15 to FinalRow
if NOT Cells(i,3) = "EXCLUDE" then
Ans=Ans + Val(Cells(i,4))
Endif
Next i

Whether this is the best way or not I don't know. All I do know is that this works and sumif doesn't.

Thanks again for all your efforts. Mind you I still would love to know why Sumif doesn't work with Text.

Thanks,

Alan

Upvote 0
Try:

Code:
ans=Application.worksheetfunction.Sumif(Range(Cells(15,3),Cells(FinalRow,3)), "<>""EXCLUDE""", Range(Cells(15,4), Cells(FinalRow,4))

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
farhansadik

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back