Sumif Indirect Subtotal Range in Workbook

jjramirez85

Hello,

Some background about what I am work with. I have about 6 workbooks with up to 20 tabs each. Each tab name has the prefix CC_ with a 4 digit code such as CC_1061.

There is a single tab in each workbook which sums all tabs based on the row reference and a column reference. Each tab is summed across about 300 row references which represent account names like direct wages , overtime, etc. The column references are months. Each tab has the same layout. By repeating sumif and reference each tab takes too much time. I tried a sumif indirect in the past and it worked out good. This time I want to use a sumif indirect but only reference the prefix of the tab name. How can this be done ?

Excel Facts

Copy formula down without changing references
If you have =SUM(F2:F49) in F50; type Alt+' in F51 to copy =SUM(F2:F49) to F51, leaving the formula in edit mode. Change SUM to COUNT.
This time I want to use a sumif indirect but only reference the prefix of the tab name. How can this be done ?
It can't. Only referencing part of the name (the prefix) would mean using wildcards in the name, which is not possible.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AlphaRino

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back