Sumif problems

MissingInAction

Board Regular
Office Version
  1. 365
Platform
  1. Windows
Hi everyone
I have created a proforma invoicing system in Excel for our landfill site. I have a sumif formula that calculates the total weight of each type of waste (General, mixed waste & large rubble) and then it gets multiplied by the tariff. This is on the "Region 1" sheet. Companies are grouped in different regions. Region 1's companies gets billed individually (Region 1 sheet), while the companies of Region 2, 3 and 4 gets billed as a group, respectively (Region 2, 3 and 4 sheets).
This works perfectly for 234 companies listed on the "Database" sheet, however company 235 and 236 gives me a #REF! error. I do not understand why.
Furthermore, Region 3 and Region 4's sheets are identical when it comes to the formulas, but Region 3 is also giving me the #REF! error while Region 4 is working fine. Region 3's sheet is giving me the issue because company 236 has a #REF! error. I checked my source data and the database many times and found no errors with the names/details of the companies.

The "cover letter" sheet is basically a summary of the total cost for every company regardless of what region it falls in. The purpose of this sheet is to sign off the costs of all the companies as a whole so that it is not needed to sign each bill individually. You will see the error company 235 and 236 gives there as well.

I have added the file to make it easier to troubleshoot. I also removed company information, for obvious reasons.
Here is the file:

Excel Facts

Using Function Arguments with nested formulas
If writing INDEX in Func. Arguments, type MATCH(. Use the mouse to click inside MATCH in the formula bar. Dialog switches to MATCH.
Try filtering the calculation sheet col C for Customer 235

Upvote 0
Look at rows 3283 onwards on the Calculations sheet.

Upvote 0
Solution
Ah something so simple. Thank you. That data comes from the previous version of the file that I modified, but somehow did not see the issue there.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
staticfluids

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back