SUMIF?

JTL9161

Office Version
  1. 365
Platform
  1. Windows
Trying to put together a formula that I think would be a SUMIF but I may be barking up the wrong tree.

I am using letters to simplify.

I have about 250 names in column A on spreadsheet A.
I have 3 other spreadsheet tabs B, C, D
I put a value and date on spreadsheet A column B & C next to the corresponding name in column A.
In column D I put which spreadsheet this person belongs to B, C or D.

So it should look something like this
Nameamountdatespreadsheet
John10011/18/2020B
Bob10011/17/2020C
Steve10011/16/2020D

What I am trying to do is get this info on spreadsheet A to appear (in the case's above) John's info on spreadsheet B in the same format. Bob's on C and Steve's on C.
Basically from the A spreadsheet I want all the B spreadsheet people show just on B the C's on C and the D's on D

Hope I explained this for everyone to understand.
Appreciate any help
Thank you
James

Excel Facts

Remove leading & trailing spaces
Save as CSV to remove all leading and trailing spaces. It is faster than using TRIM().
I do not think you can do this without using VBA when you say formula it makes it sound like you are unwilling to use VBA is this true?
Are we just copying the data or do we need relative references in case you update the info on sheet A?

Upvote 0
The easiest way to do this would be to sort on Column D and then copy and paste them to the various spreadsheets - you can either do this manually or using VBA as mentioned by @RustEE2020

There's a way to do it formula driven but it assumes you have unique identifiers in the Names Column or that you can create a helper column in your source sheet where you concatenate Name&Date&Spreadsheet into a column. Helper Column is better because you can have the same person/company/entity in column B with different dates but they need to have a unique Name & Date for this to work appropriately.

Source Spreadsheet with Helper Column

1605741460723.png

Destination Spreadsheet with Helper Column (note name of spreadsheet in cell A1)

1605741580817.png

Formula (starting in Cell F2)

=INDEX(OFFSET(Sheet7!$B$2:$B$13,0,MATCH(F$1,Sheet7!$B$1:$F$1,0)-1),MATCH(0,INDEX((COUNTIF(F$1:F1,OFFSET(Sheet7!$B$2:$B$13,0,MATCH(F$1,Sheet7!$B$1:$F$1,0)-1))+(Sheet7!$E$2:$E$13<>B!$A$1))*1,0,0),0))

Then INDEX Match off of the helper column.

Upvote 0
Another possible option with formulas.
If you have Excel 365 with the FILTER function take a look at the formula in E2 other wise try the formula in A2 and copy down and across as needed.
The formula need to be put in each spreadsheet.

Spreadsheet named B
Book1
ABCDEFG
1NameamountdateNameamountdate
2John10011/18/2020John10011/18/2020
B
Cell Formulas
RangeFormula
A2:C2A2=IFERROR(INDEX(A!$A$2:$C$4,AGGREGATE(15,6,(ROW(A!$A$2:$A$4)-ROW(A!$A$2)+1)/(A!$D$2:$D$4="B"),ROWS($A$1:A1)),COLUMNS($A$1:A1)),"")
E2E2=FILTER(A!$A$2:$C$4,A!$D$2:$D$4="B","")

Spreadsheet A
Book1
ABCD
1Nameamountdatespreadsheet
2John10011/18/2020B
3Bob10011/17/2020C
4Steve10011/16/2020D
A

Upvote 0
Thank you for your input! I will see if this works for me.

Upvote 0
JTL9161 - It would help if you would update your profile so we know which version of Excel you are using.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
greyangel23

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back