SUMIF

lkjing

Board Regular
Hi...I can't seem to use the SUMIF function to calculate a criteria. Despite thorough checks through the formula, the function keeps returning zero for the answer. I am using two linked spreadsheets. One is for the data and the other is for the report. In the data spreadsheet, A1:A5 for example have several data like buyer, order quantity...While B1:B5 have the necessary inputs. I tried to use the formula SUMIF to calulate Order Quantity in the report spreadsheet to no avail. The Formula is I'm using is something like this SUMIF(A1:A5;=Order Quantity;B1:B5). Can anybody help? Thanks

Excel Facts

Will the fill handle fill 1, 2, 3?
Yes! Type 1 in a cell. Hold down Ctrl while you drag the fill handle.
In a sumif formula the syntax is sumif(range, criteria, sumrange). The middle criteria is the item you want sumed. In your formula Excel doesn't understand what "=OrderQuanity" is.

HT

Upvote 0
If A1:A5 and B1:B5 are in the same sheet then
sumif(A1:A5,"order quantity",B1:b5) should producte what you are
looking for.

Upvote 0
Unfortunately the result that returned is 0. If the Excel can't read = Order Quantity, what criteria should I put? Spent the whole afternoon meddling with it but still unable to find a solution..

Upvote 0
Is Order Quanity a Named range? If not then Excel can not read your mind. Post what OQ relates to and I think we will solve this one!

Upvote 0
it's a label. Order Quantity is the amount of goods customer ordered. For example in A2 Cell= Order Quantity B2 Cell= 1000 . Or do u guys have any suggestions on alternative formula?

Upvote 0
Try linking to the cell with Order Quantity instead of writting it in the formula. Like this:

=SUMIF(A1:A5,A2,B1:B5)

HT

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
slaytonpa

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back