SUMIFS between dates in a 2D range

Tarver

Board Regular
Office Version
  1. 365
Platform
  1. Windows
  2. MacOS
I need to SUMIFS in a two-dimensional range, but SUMIFS doesn't do 2D. I've tried combining with an INDEX statement and a MATCH, but these aren't getting the right result, either.

I'm working with the following table:
Table1.png

I need to produce a report that shows Wendy and Harry's sales for March 2 - March 4th. My formula needs to look up the names of the salespeople and the dates of sales dynamically. They could change daily.

Assume that my Salesperson's name is in Cell X2, and my start date is in Y1 and the end date is in Z1. I need to total all of the sales included in and between the two dates.
table2.png

Any suggestions on how I can accomplish this?

Thanks very much in advance!

BT

Excel Facts

Which lookup functions find a value equal or greater than the lookup value?
MATCH uses -1 to find larger value (lookup table must be sorted ZA). XLOOKUP uses 1 to find values greater and does not need to be sorted.
Anyway ranges will need to be adjusted to suit the size of the pivot (or a range that it will never exceed)

=SUMIFS(INDEX($B$2:$F$6,MATCH($X2,$A$2:$A$6,0),0),$B$1:$F$1,">="&Y$1,$B$1:$F$1,"<="&Z$1)

Upvote 0
Why arent you just using the pivot out of interest?

The pivot has 248 entries, over a span of three months (currently) of data. I've got to report on the top 30 entries, for a specific range of dates (Yesterday, month to date, and year to date.) Then I have to report on the same data by a different category (but the principle is the same.) The pivot is too large and unwieldy for someone that just needs the top performance data.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocbudda

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back