RockandGrohl

Office Version
  1. 2010
Platform
  1. Windows
Hello, same query but it's presented a new problem, so different thread

The following formula

Code:
=SUMIFS('Just Go'!$F:$F,'Just Go'!$C:$C,">="&U$2,'Just Go'!$C:$C,"<"&W$2,'Just Go'!$H:$H,$B10)+SUMIFS(Omega!$F:$F,Omega!$C:$C,">="&U$2,Omega!$C:$C,"<"&W$2,'Just Go'!$H:$H,$B10)

Is producing an incorrect result where there isn't one:

F - Revenue Range
C - Tour Date
H - Contract Name

It compares both sheets (Just Go & Omega)

There is a countif with identical criteria, minus the F revenue range, as I need to have a count of applicable contracts and then the revenue from those contracts.

The countif returns 0, as expected, but the Sumif returns a value of £58.11

I've checked manually by making sure the Tour date in C fits within the date range, and the contract name of "Local Paper" is in column H.

There is no result, on either page, that fits those criteria.

Yet a figure is still being summed.

This happens in multiple cells on my matrix, but there are loads of correct results too.

The date range is saying where the date is greater than or equal to 01/01/2019 but less than 01/02/2019 (so, any date in January 2019)

EDIT:
As an example, in the formula given, it's looking for the Paper Name of "Local Paper"

If I isolate the formula to show just Omega, it still claims there's £58.11 of revenue

Looking into it, in Column H of Omega tab, there isn't even any instance of "Local Paper" at all...

Last edited by a moderator:

Some videos you may like

Excel Facts

Excel Can Read to You
Customize Quick Access Toolbar. From All Commands, add Speak Cells or Speak Cells on Enter to QAT. Select cells. Press Speak Cells.

Marcelo Branco

MrExcel MVP
Is this correct or is a typo (in red)?

=SUMIFS('Just Go'!$F:$F,'Just Go'!$C:$C,">="&U$2,'Just Go'!$C:$C,"<"&W$2,'Just Go'!$H:$H,$B10)+SUMIFS(Omega!$F:$F,Omega!$C:$C,">="&U$2,Omega!$C:$C,"<"&W$2,'Just Go'!$H:$H,$B10)

Shouldn't it be Omega!?

M.

Last edited:

RockandGrohl

Office Version
  1. 2010
Platform
  1. Windows
Is this correct or is a typo (in red)?

Shouldn't it be Omega!?

M.

:eek:

Egg on my face.

Watch MrExcel Video

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
VICKRAM

This Week's Hot Topics

• Change military grades into rank
    Afternoon all Need help with formula that will change military rank (i.e. 1, 2, 3 into Amn, A1C, SrA). Running IF formula that does not work...
  • VBA COUNTIF SOLUTION
    Hi The following are the errors spread across the several columns from E to Q ie. 13 columns across several sheets with more than 500 rows per...
  • INSERT ROW WITH SPECIFIS TEXT IN A COLUMN
    Hi All! How can identify that that the row to be inserted has to be inserted before 1st row with specific text in column F. If I record the...
  • Auto-Create a monthly Sign in sheet for preschool students
    The image below is what each page looks like. Above is space for the "Child Name" "Month" "Class" School days are obviously Monday-Friday but...
  • VBA vlookup multiple results
    Hi folks, Hopefully someone out there can help. I have a list to vlookup which works (ish). the lookup only picks up the first instance of the...
  • Extract values for earliest/latest times
    I am trying to put together a formula to get the earliest start time, the latest end time from column A for each person in Column B-F without the...