SumifS formula question

Deified

=SUMIFS(Transactions!$AI:$AI,Transactions!$A:$A,$E$3,Transactions!$D:$D,$B7)

This is the formula I am using and I want to have the formula work like this =SUMIFS(Transactions!$AI:$AI,Month(Transactions!$A:$A),$E$3,Transactions!$D:$D,$B7)

Where the criteria looks at the month so see if it matches the month in cell E3. Is there a way that I can make this work with another formula?

Excel Facts

Can you sort left to right?
To sort left-to-right, use the Sort dialog box. Click Options. Choose "Sort left to right"
Try this (note: not tested):

=SUMPRODUCT(Transactions!$AI$1:$AI$10000,--(MONTH(Transactions!$A$1:$A$10000)=$E$3),--(Transactions!$D$1:$D$10000=$B7))

Upvote 0
comes back #value!

I should clarify. in the formula =SUMPRODUCT(Transactions!$AI$1:$AI$10000,--(MONTH(Transactions!$A$1:$A$10000)=$E$3),--(Transactions!$D$1:$D$10000=$B7))

Transactions!$AI$1:$AI$10000 = the value I want pull / summarize. There are multiple entries for each name

MONTH(Transactions!$A$1:$A$10000)=$E$3 = the month that I want it to summarize. (there are weekly values added and I want a month at a time displayed)

Transactions!$D$1:$D$10000=$B7)) = the names of the employees

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Use this

=SUMIFS(Transactions!$AI:$AI,Transactions!$A:$A,"="&$E$3,Transactions!$D:$D,"="&$B7)

This will work perfectly. For more help you can visit ExcelChat for free, instant match, personalized help from paid certified experts in Excel.

Upvote 0
Works OK on my test sheet.

What exactly do you have in $E$3 and in Transactions!$A:$A? -- A few examples would be helpful.

REPORTING_DAY
NAME
TOTAL
11/27/16
XX
11/27/16
CC
11/27/16
VV
11/27/16
BB

<tbody>
</tbody>

This is what the transactions tab looks like (with real names though). The date column is column A and I want it to sumif based on the month (there is going to be a year long list of dates on this and I want to pull a month at a time) Column B above is column D in the formula, and Column C above is column AI in the formula.

Cell E3 is the month value (11) in this case. Cell B7 is the name (xx) in this case. So I want to summarize the totals column based on the name and the month. but I don't want to create a new column to single out the month to make that happen.

Upvote 0
REPORTING_DAYNAMETOTAL
11/27/16XX10
11/27/16CC4174
11/27/16VV6541
11/27/16BB1234

<tbody>
</tbody>

This is what the transactions tab looks like...
I see. Try adjusting the ranges in the formula to exclude column headers (otherwise MONTH(...) would return an error), for example:

=SUMPRODUCT(Transactions!$AI$2:$AI$10000,--(MONTH(Transactions!$A$2:$A$10000)=$E$3),--(Transactions!$D$2:$D$10000=$B7))

Upvote 0
I see. Try adjusting the ranges in the formula to exclude column headers (otherwise MONTH(...) would return an error), for example:

=SUMPRODUCT(Transactions!$AI$2:$AI$10000,--(MONTH(Transactions!$A$2:$A$10000)=$E$3),--(Transactions!$D$2:$D$10000=$B7))

That was it!!! Thank you very much!!

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shantanu2024

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back