SUMIFS Function - Cannot Set Criteria Correctly

simonj64

Board Regular
Hi,

I have the following formula summing up a Cost field when 2 criteria_range settings are met as follows:

SUMIFS(tProjectChanges[Cost],tProjectChanges[Budget Item Code],D33, DATE(YEAR(tProjectChanges[Date Originated]),MONTH(tProjectChanges[Date Originated]),1),E46)

The 2 criteria_range in the formulae are performing the following:
1. Budget Item Code = value in a cell
2. Date field (Date Originated) in a table (tProjectChange) = to a calendar column value e.g.01/01/14

The problem I have is the 2nd criteria_range part of the formula is not correct and I cannot seem to get it to work - tried everything. The criteria 2 value is always in the format of day1/month/year, so I need to do the checks in the criteria_range to ensure the Date Originated values are converted to the 1st day of the month.

So its this part that does not work in the SUMIFS - DATE(YEAR(tProjectChanges[Date Originated]),MONTH(tProjectChanges[Date Originated]),1). This part does work when used in a cell, how can I get the SUMIFS Criteria_range2 to work ensuring it is converting the criteria to look at the 1st day of the month.

Hope this all makes sense,

Thanks

simonj64.

Excel Facts

Last used cell?
Press Ctrl+End to move to what Excel thinks is the last used cell.
Instead of trying to convert the range of data to the proper format, you could use one more arguement to make sure the date is within a specific range:
=SUMIFS(tProjectChanges[Cost],tProjectChanges[Budget Item Code],D33,tProjectChanges[Date Originated]," > ="&E46,tProjectChanges[Date Originated]," < ="&EOMONTH(E46,0))

*Note - remove the spaces before and after the < and > signs.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
b1step2far

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back