Sumifs Function Query

Zambuki

Hi Guys,

I have a sumifs function sorted but a very large sheet to populate with the formula. The formula I have is as follows:

=SUMIFS(Scaffolds!$AG$11:$AG$4136,Scaffolds!$E$11:$E$4136,"Basement 03",Scaffolds!$F$11:$F$4136, "Column Work")

Instead of now copying the formula down and having to manually type in "Basement 03","Basement 02" etc. Is there a way I can copy the formula with down with a single reference to the Heading? i.e "=A3" which is Basement 03 or "=A4" which is Basement 02 etc.

Much appreciated!

Excel Facts

Can you AutoAverage in Excel?
There is a drop-down next to the AutoSum symbol. Open the drop-down to choose AVERAGE, COUNT, MAX, or MIN
Try

=SUMIFS(Scaffolds!$AG$11:$AG$4136,Scaffolds!$E$11:$E$4136,INDEX(A3:A1000,ROWS($1:1),1),Scaffolds!$F$11:$F$4136, "Column Work")

where A3:A1000 equal "Basement 03", "Basement 04" etc
and copy down the column as far as you need

Upvote 0
Thanks but not coming right with it. A2:A38 are the varying levels, then column C1:R1 are another set of headings. C2:R38 need to all be populated with the SUMIFS formula.

Example:

Row 3 = Basement 03, Column C1 is Column Work, D1 is Brickwork, E1 is Lift shaft etc. In column C; I need to be able to drag down the formula from C2:C38 but instead of having to edit each row down "Level 1", "Level2" etc I need a formula to recognise that A2=Level 1, A3= Level 2 etc in order to complete its search in another tab for the various criteria.

Hope that makes more sense.

Thanks for your efforts!

Upvote 0
Post a sample spreadsheet with expected results, remove any sensitive data, create a mockup example if necessary.
You cant attach files on this forum. There are tools on this forum for adding small spreadsheet images

https://www.mrexcel.com/forum/about-board/508133-attachments.html

Or upload the file to an online storage site and post a link to it, though some people may not download the file for fear of viruses.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
greyangel23

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back