1. 2016
  2. 2013
  3. 2011
  4. 2010
  5. 2007
Platform
  1. Windows
Hello, everyone,
I ask for your help to correct the formula, because I have a condition that is a little different and that's where my problem comes from.
I will attach a photo to see the columns I work with and respectively the end result, which gives me an error in adding the numbers when they are +
If we take BISO5 - the result should be = 360, but because in some places I have two words and two numbers, respectively, the end result is = 305, which is not true.
The formula I made is calculated, but when it is missing (or it is independent).
Please for some assistance how in the same table, to calculate correctly, if possible, of course!
Thank you in advance!
2021-02-18_142543.jpg

The sums are different from the expected answers because I changed the name in row 7 (from Dave Toni to Mikhail) to demonstrate how the same set of helper columns and the same basic formula can be used to find the sums for different people. If Mikhail is changed back to Dave Toni, then the expected results for Dave Toni's column will be obtained. The columns that are used for this are entirely up to you...the helper columns can be placed anywhere very far to the right out of view and away from any other content. You should never have to visit them. And the summary table with the names of different people in the first row can be placed where it is convenient.

What is the largest number of people whose names appear on a worksheet?

Upvote 0

Excel Facts

Square and cube roots
The =SQRT(25) is a square root. For a cube root, use =125^(1/3). For a fourth root, use =625^(1/4).
What is the largest number of people whose names appear on a worksheet?
About 700-800,
but if it's for a macro, then let's count the last existing line with some information (according to the first option, ie the one with the vertical order of the names, not the current one)
Something like that
VBA Code:
Dim LastRow As Long
    With ActiveSheet
        LastRow = .Cells(.Rows.Count, "A").End(xlUp).Row
as in our case we will save our columns (this is taken from the internet)

Upvote 0
Wow! To clarify...one one worksheet, you might have as many as 800 different names in column B? And you might have as many as 250 different category code words in column J?

Upvote 0
No no no
See:
For example, I have 20 words, either individually or with a + sign
I put the first name, line up the words (as in the example) -
then I write the second name, line up the same words again and so on until the end!
2021-02-24_084849.jpg

Upvote 0
I understand about the desire to list names in a single column, although that introduces more complications. But in your post #18, you said:
This is just a small example with a few words, I have over 250 such words, with strictly defined points (which can be the same, ie for different words the same points or 0).
What does the "250" refer to? I assumed these were category code words (such as BISO5, RUS10, etc.).

And is there a possibility that the number of different names in column B might be as large as 800? So you would have a column AP with about 20000 rows (25 codes/person * 800 persons = 20000 rows)?

Upvote 0
Hi, yes, that's right there are over 250 words, but in each worksheet I will have specific words to look for as a result. It is not specific, because there may be a decrease or increase of names or words. For this reason, I said the following: if we are going to make a macro, then I will arrange my names, I will arrange the words for each worksheet, I will choose my period as dates. And the macro only calculates the results (you can ask how many words there will be in each worksheet, as a mix with a + sign - from 2 to 15, but it is indicative).
As for these 800, the numbers revolve around this number, but it is not a constant, sometimes I add a name, sometimes I remove it, if I do things manually there will be no problem. If the macro does them, I don't think it matters, because it will have to do the calculations to the last name and row that exists. I write it in the sense that whether they are 20,000 or 32,763 is the same for the macro itself. If I understand the question correctly.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DW Draft

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back