sumifs(index(match vs sumproduct

Kmitchell

Office Version
  1. 365
Platform
  1. Windows
Hello - I have a formula that isn't doing what I had hoped (shown below), it's returning the first value that meets the index(match criteria but I'm looking to have it sum up all values that match row 6 and column H.

F7:BK124 sits all the data to sum up. Should I be using a sumproduct instead? Any suggestions greatly appreciated.

SUMIFS(INDEX('SCHEDULE USE'!$F$7:$BK$124,0,MATCH(SUMMARY!C$6,'SCHEDULE USE'!$F$3:$BK$3,0)),'SCHEDULE USE'!$BO$7:$BO$124,SUMMARY!$H18)

I'm trying to sum up $F$7:$B$124 it matches $c$6 and $H18. Does that make sense?

SUMPRODUCT(('SCHEDULE USE'!$F$3:$BK$3=SUMMARY!C$6)*('SCHEDULE USE'!$BO$7:$BO$124=SUMMARY!$H18)*'SCHEDULE USE'!$F$7:$BK$124)

Upvote 0

Excel Facts

How to change case of text in Excel?
Use =UPPER() for upper case, =LOWER() for lower case, and =PROPER() for proper case. PROPER won't capitalize second c in Mccartney
each row should sum up, would like for it to sum up every row just in case column H isn't unique

Upvote 0
I'm trying to sum up $F$7:$B$124 it matches $c$6 and $H18. Does that make sense?

SUMPRODUCT(('SCHEDULE USE'!$F$3:$BK$3=SUMMARY!C$6)*('SCHEDULE USE'!$BO$7:$BO$124=SUMMARY!$H18)*'SCHEDULE USE'!$F$7:$BK$124)

Hello - I have a formula that isn't doing what I had hoped (shown below), it's returning the first value that meets the index(match criteria but I'm looking to have it sum up all values that match row 6 and column H.

F7:BK124 sits all the data to sum up. Should I be using a sumproduct instead? Any suggestions greatly appreciated.

SUMIFS(INDEX('SCHEDULE USE'!$F$7:$BK$124,0,MATCH(SUMMARY!C$6,'SCHEDULE USE'!$F$3:$BK$3,0)),'SCHEDULE USE'!$BO$7:$BO$124,SUMMARY!$H18)

each row should sum up, would like for it to sum up every row just in case column H isn't unique

Still not crystal clear. Here a guess nevertheless...

Assuming that the formula in some cell of the SUMMARY sheet,

Control+shift+enter, not just enter:

=SUM(IF('SCHEDULE USE'!$F$3:$BK$3=C$6,IF('SCHEDULE USE'!$BO$7:$BO$124=$H18,'SCHEDULE USE'!$F$7:$BK$124)))

In case you have error values in the range to sum like #N/A...

Control+shift+enter, not just enter:

=SUM(IF('SCHEDULE USE'!$F$3:$BK$3=C$6,IF('SCHEDULE USE'!$BO$7:$BO$124=$H18,IF(ISNUMBER('SCHEDULE USE'!$F$7:$BK$124),'SCHEDULE USE'!$F$7:$BK$124))))

Upvote 0
Thank you for your reply. I think the file I am working off is corrupt because these formulas should work and they don't. I've tested them on other files. Now the trick is figuring out the best way to move the data to a different file.

Upvote 0
Actually I take that back both formulas worked! Do you know why did these work and the sumproduct did not?

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sweeberry

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back