SUMIFS with an $ absolute function

roc_ent

Office Version
  1. 2019
Platform
  1. Windows
Hi everyone, I have a bit of a problem with a sumifs and I hope you can help me get onto the right track. I have two sheets in one workbook, the first workbook has the formula like this =SUMPRODUCT(--(LEFT('512-X'!A6:A30,1)="1"),'512-X'!C6:C30) which is searching for a reference to "1" being January. Is there a way to make it so that I simply drag the formula so that I would be the same but the "1" would change to a "2" representing February, all the way to December. Here is a picture that may explain better. Thanks in advance.
Image - TinyPic - Free Image Hosting, Photo Sharing & Video Hosting

Excel Facts

Will the fill handle fill 1, 2, 3?
Yes! Type 1 in a cell. Hold down Ctrl while you drag the fill handle.
sorry Joe, I may not have explained it properly, or used the right formula. I've changed it to a regular sumif not ifs, so the formula goes like this =SUMIF('512-X'!A6:A30,"1",'512-X'!C6:C30) now I would like to simply drag it to the right keeping the A6:A30 but rather than looking for a "1" and adding the C6:C30 I would like it to change to a 2. I thought the absolute command was a $ but I've tried it and it gives me an error. So on the same row I simply want to change the reference 1 to 2 then to 3 ect all the way to Dec which will be 12. Hope this helps

Upvote 0
Maybe:

=SUMIF('512-X'!$A$6:$A$30,Column(A1))

Upvote 0
This is not going very good for me, if I try to put the $ sign anywhere at all I get an error message. I've copied the formulas in my workbook that I've done by hand one by one and pasted them in word so you can see what I have. with the picture, you will see that all I want to do is change the criteria from 1 all the way to 12 what I want is to be able to click and drag all the way to M28 without having to manually write the formula again. Here is the url to the pic: Image - TinyPic - Free Image Hosting, Photo Sharing & Video Hosting thank you so much

Upvote 0
How about
Code:
=SUMPRODUCT(--(LEFT('512-X'!A6:A30,1)=COLUMNS($B1:B1)&""),'512-X'!C6:C30)

By the way: this will never work as you need 2 digits for October-December...

Upvote 0
thanks guys for your help, however it did not seem to work. What I did was name defined each column then dragged the formula from my column a to m and had to go in and only change the criteria for all 12 months but at least it saved me a lot of typing. Again thanks :)

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
marion_davis

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back