2. 2019
  3. 2016
  4. 2013
  5. 2011
  6. 2010
  7. 2007
Platform
  1. Windows
I've been working with my file, and found a formula that could work for me...Unfortunately, i have variable sheets that may change names. I've also noticed because of this, the formula keeps breaking (the reference no longer is there) and the workbook takes longer than I've ever had before.

my goal is to take the sum of all sheets (trade & job) and then I will compare it to the totals/invoice page where I have placed the amount of hours/money per trade that I am allowed.

Excel Formula:
=SUMPRODUCT(SUMIFS(INDIRECT("'"&Worksheet&"'!W:W"),INDIRECT("'"&Worksheet&"'!B:B"),$E23,INDIRECT("'"&Worksheet&"'!C:C"),$F23))

I used the following source(s):
How to Use the SUMIF Function Across Multiple Sheets | Excelchat

I've only been able to get the code to work on a local sheet level, which requires me to add some hidden columns, but it doesn't always calculate correctly (mostly on the multiple sheets)

could you assist?

also, many of my formulas/vba i've patched together from multiple sources- currently they work for what I need, but if you have any suggestions on how to make it more efficient, I'd be grateful.

thank you.

File for download:
http://www.omilotdesigns.com/excel/timecards_forum.xlsm

Excel Facts

Save Often
If you start asking yourself if now is a good time to save your Excel workbook, the answer is Yes
anyone have an idea how to do this work with non-static varying tab names or even how to make it quicker without errors?

Upvote 0
Cross posted sumifs with multiple criteria across multiple variable sheets

While we do allow Cross-Posting on this site, we do ask that you please mention you are doing so and provide links in each of the threads pointing to the other thread (see rule 13 here along with the explanation: Forum Rules). This way, other members can see what has already been done in regards to a question, and do not waste time working on a question that may already be answered elsewhere.

Upvote 0
I just posted to the other site this morning and didnt get a chance to post here that i did so.

thanks,

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
staticfluids

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back