SUMIFS with multiple criteria(Dates/Names) from various worksheets

dhubz

Office Version
  1. 2016
Platform
  1. Windows
Hello,

I have a raw CSV file that is built from another program. I need to extract data from the information to generate employee work records. See attached images
I am trying to sum a specific range based on 5 variables - Name, Contract, After Date, Before Date,(Not in formula- check whether it's Lead/Helper/Split)
The Employee cell is from a drop down list, the CSV Data is copy and paste from another file.

This is the formula I have tried, I always get a #VALUE ERROR
SUMIFS('RAW DATA'!F:H,'RAW DATA'!D:D,Tally!$B$1,'RAW DATA'!B:B,Tally!$B$3,'RAW DATA'!C:C,">"&Tally!$I$1,'RAW DATA'!C:C,"<"&Tally!$L$1)

GOOGLE DRIVE FILE HERE
Any tips or pointers would be greatly appreciated,
Dave

Attachments

• Raw Data Sample.JPG
    Raw Data Sample.JPG
    125.8 KB · Views: 9
  • Tally Sample.JPG
    Tally Sample.JPG
    110.6 KB · Views: 11

Excel Facts

Using Function Arguments with nested formulas
If writing INDEX in Func. Arguments, type MATCH(. Use the mouse to click inside MATCH in the formula bar. Dialog switches to MATCH.
All ranges in SUMIFS or any similar function must be of equal size. Your sum range is 3 columns, but your criteria ranges are only 1 column each.

See if this does what you need

=SUM(SUMIFS(OFFSET('RAW DATA'!$F:$F,,{0,1,2}),'RAW DATA'!$D:$D,Tally!$B$1,'RAW DATA'!$B:$B,Tally!B$3,'RAW DATA'!$C:$C,">"&Tally!$I$1,'RAW DATA'!$C:$C,"<"&Tally!$L$1))

OFFSET is used to create 3 single columns in the sum range, which are then tallied by wrapping the entire formula in SUM

Upvote 0
All ranges in SUMIFS or any similar function must be of equal size. Your sum range is 3 columns, but your criteria ranges are only 1 column each.

See if this does what you need

=SUM(SUMIFS(OFFSET('RAW DATA'!$F:$F,,{0,1,2}),'RAW DATA'!$D:$D,Tally!$B$1,'RAW DATA'!$B:$B,Tally!B$3,'RAW DATA'!$C:$C,">"&Tally!$I$1,'RAW DATA'!$C:$C,"<"&Tally!$L$1))

OFFSET is used to create 3 single columns in the sum range, which are then tallied by wrapping the entire formula in SUM
That makes sense, thanks for the help. I'm sure I will be back.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
farhansadik

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back