Sumifs with 'or' statement

nikegeo

Board Regular
Hey guys, ive been trying everything to nest an 'or' statement into a sumifs function with no success:
I have named ranges and the market is the range where i will want to sum if my criteria is one or the other(i.e. sum Billings values if the pitchstage is "pitching" and the market values are Australia or New Zealand
Im trying to add all pitching billings values for NZ and Aus... figured this would be the best way

=SUMIFS(Billings,Market,OR("Australia","New Zealand"),PitchStage,"Pitching")

Ive searched everywhere with no solution.

Thanks Guys!

That does the trick! Many thanks.

You are welcome. Thanks for providing feedback.

Would you be kind enough to explain the use of ";" vs. "," and why just on the numeric part? When there is only the numeric (i.e. {3,7,8}) the "," works fine but mixed with the {"ABC04","ABC05","ABC28","ABC29"} you need the ";". In any case I'm very grateful for your feedback.

Regards,
Houman

We need to AND the items of two arrays, say X and Y, that is, every item from X must be correlated with each item of Y. That means we need an arrangement that allows for that: Horizontal (columnwise) Vs Vertical (rowwise) or vice versa. See an earlier thread on this issue:

http://www.mrexcel.com/forum/showthread.php?t=552814

Upvote 0

Excel Facts

Shade all formula cells
To shade all formula cells: Home, Find & Select, Formulas to select all formulas. Then apply a light fill color.
Hi,

I'm trying to do the same thing, but instead of using 'absolute' criteria, I want it to refer to the data in another cell...

i.e.
=SUMIFS(Data!S:S, Data!Q:Q, {Q14, Q15, Q16})

(The cells Q14, Q15, & Q16 are dates, and they change according to the reporting period)

thanks in advance

Upvote 0
Hi,

I'm trying to do the same thing, but instead of using 'absolute' criteria, I want it to refer to the data in another cell...

i.e.
=SUMIFS(Data!S:S, Data!Q:Q, {Q14, Q15, Q16})

(The cells Q14, Q15, & Q16 are dates, and they change according to the reporting period)

thanks in advance

Try...

=SUMPRODUCT(SUMIFS(Data!S:S, Data!Q:Q, Q14:Q16))

Upvote 0
Thanks for all the helpful posts!

Can I take it one step further? For me it works fine when I have two categories with multiple variables I need to pull and I use a ',' in one and a ';' in the other.

The problem arises because I have a wider IF function, so I actually have four different criteria with multiple varibles to be pulled. (They are all text columns). Can anyone shed light on the order of magnitude of separators.

Upvote 0
Thanks for all the helpful posts!

Can I take it one step further? For me it works fine when I have two categories with multiple variables I need to pull and I use a ',' in one and a ';' in the other.

The problem arises because I have a wider IF function, so I actually have four different criteria with multiple varibles to be pulled. (They are all text columns). Can anyone shed light on the order of magnitude of separators.

Could you elaborate a bit, even post the formula you have tried to implement?

Upvote 0
Sure, yes posting might be helpful

=IF('Welcome Page'!E5="Impact",SUM(SUMIFS('Data WCBI'!$X:$X,'Data WCBI'!$D:$D,MainPage!H1,'Data WCBI'!$AM:$AM,"2012",'Data WCBI'!$AY:$AY,{"Option1","Option2","Option3","Option4"},'Data WCBI'!$BL:$BL,{"Stage1";"Stage2"})),SUM(SUMIFS('Data WCBI'!$BK:$BK,'Data WCBI'!$D:$D,MainPage!H1,'Data WCBI'!$AM:$AM,"2012",'Data WCBI'!$AY:$AY,{"Option1","Option2","Option3","Option4"},'Data WCBI'!$BL:$BL,{"Stage1";"Stage2"})))

E5 on welcome page can be one of 3 options. The value range to sum is all in number format (ie X and BK)

Individually, the two parts of the if function work, but within the IF function it just brings back a random value.

Thanks for the help!

Upvote 0
Sure, yes posting might be helpful

=IF('Welcome Page'!E5="Impact",SUM(SUMIFS('Data WCBI'!$X:$X,'Data WCBI'!$D:$D,MainPage!H1,'Data WCBI'!$AM:$AM,"2012",'Data WCBI'!$AY:$AY,{"Option1","Option2","Option3","Option4"},'Data WCBI'!$BL:$BL,{"Stage1";"Stage2"})),SUM(SUMIFS('Data WCBI'!$BK:$BK,'Data WCBI'!$D:$D,MainPage!H1,'Data WCBI'!$AM:$AM,"2012",'Data WCBI'!$AY:$AY,{"Option1","Option2","Option3","Option4"},'Data WCBI'!$BL:$BL,{"Stage1";"Stage2"})))

E5 on welcome page can be one of 3 options. The value range to sum is all in number format (ie X and BK)

Individually, the two parts of the if function work, but within the IF function it just brings back a random value.

Thanks for the help!

The formula works for me, assuming that:

'Data WCBI'!$AM:$AM consists of values like 2011, 2012, etc., not date values like 12-Jan-2012, etc.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jmsotelo

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back