Sumifs

Nanaia

Office Version
  1. 365
Platform
  1. Windows
  2. MacOS
Lets try this again. I tried posting this once and the site kicked me out without posting what I'd typed. Not sure why. This will be more brief so if more info is needed please reply and I'll answer everything.

My goal - to use SUMIFS - or another formula if I'm using it wrong - to only pull relevant data. Here is a rough draft of what I've been working on. Data entry is done on data entry tab - no modifications needed there. Please look at the SHEAR DETAILS tab. The SHEAR DETAILS tab displays the information I want it to display, I am trying to figure out how to get it so it will only pull the sheet lengths listed on the data entry tab for the specified coil number. I want to total the number of sheets cut at each length then break those sheets down. For example, out of nineteen sheets cut to 120", two sheets need to be cut into 3"x20" pieces and seventeen sheets need to be cut into 3"x120" pieces. I believe this can be done, unless I'm delusional-which isn't unheard of. Is what I want to do even possible?

My OneDrive where the rough draft is: https://1drv.ms/x/s!AskYMgFiAqmA0jhthEXtAdMsAbNU

Excel Facts

Return population for a City
If you have a list of cities in A2:A100, use Data, Geography. Then =A2.Population and copy down.
Is there a way to get Excel to list one length then once it has listed it move to the next length? i.e. List 120 then 114 then 108, etc.? Or would those numbers need to be called out independent from the SUMIFS formula?

Upvote 0
Maybe add IF with TRUE/FALSE statements and have it check if there's any with sheet size X (like 120) and have it display true/false. If true then total the sheet that have similar lengths? The silence here leaves the distinct impression that either it's not possible to do what I want to do or I am going about it the wrong way.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kjurney

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back