Sumifs

roc_ent

Office Version
  1. 2019
Platform
  1. Windows
Hi all, I am trying to figure this out but I just can't seem to find my error. I have a sheet named "Records" then, I have 1 other sheet with a list of months. My Record sheet is made up of only 4 columns A=Transaction, B=Date (August 6,22), C=a dollar amount, and D=a drop down list of accounts. On my second sheet, I would like to have the totals of year to date per month and per accounts. So I was using =sumifs and changing the account names but I get an error message. This is what my formula: =SUMIFS(Records!C2:C100,Records!B2:B100,"January",Records!B2:B100,"gas") In my record sheet I've entered $100 on January 4, but my formula returns 0 What is wrong or is there a different formula that you can recommend?

Excel Facts

When did Power Query debut in Excel?
Although it was an add-in in Excel 2010 & Excel 2013, Power Query became a part of Excel in 2016, in Data, Get & Transform Data.
B=Date (August 6,22),
is that a date or is it TEXT

also you are using "January" - which is text , and not a date
this is the issue

if you removed that bit
=SUMIFS(Records!C2:C100,Records!B2:B100,"gas")
then you should get some results - Just to check the other criteria are working OK
then you need to work out the dates section

Note: Images are difficult to see , and also requires that I input all the data myself, which is very time consuming.

A SMALL sample spreadsheet, around 10-20 rows, would help a lot here, with all sensitive data removed, and expected results mocked up and manually entered, with a few notes of explanation.

MrExcel has a tool called “XL2BB” that lets you post samples of your data and will allow us to copy/paste your sample data into our Excel spreadsheets, saving a lot of time.

You can also test to see if it works ok, in the "Test Here" forum.

OR if you cannot get XL2BB to work, or have restrictions on your PC , then put the sample spreadsheet onto a share
I only tend to goto OneDrive, Dropbox or google docs , as I'm never certain of other random share sites and possible virus.
Please make sure you have a representative data sample and also that the data has been desensitised, remember this site is open to anyone with internet access to see - so any sensitive / personal data should be removed

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vmanchoppy

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back