1. 365
  2. 2016
  3. 2013
Platform
  1. Windows
  2. Web
Good afternoon all,
I am stuck.
I have multiple sheets, each with a table, all formatted identical. Sheets are labeled January, February, March, April, ....... The tables on the sheets are labeled Table_1 to Table_12 respectively. I have a thirteenth sheet for summary. I would like to be able to pull table data from each sheet, and apply it to the summary tab, dependent on a drop down. Cell B2 on the summary tab has a drop down of all Locations. When I select Mexico, for example, I would like to pull the data from all twelve tables that have Mexico in the Location column. Right now, I am using =FILTER(Table_1,Table1[Location]=$B$2,""), but this only pulls the information from Table 1, and not all tables. How do I adjust this formula to pull from all tables?
This is an example of one of my data sheets.
Test.xlsx
ABCDE
1LocationPersonSalesGrowthPotential
2United StatesMark Adams$52,123.0010%$75,000.00
3MexicoMark Adams$12,532.003%$15,000.00
4CanadaSally Jones$42,356.008%$16,500.00
January
Cells with Data Validation
CellAllowCriteria
A2:A4List=Location
B2:B4List=Person

This is an example of my summary sheet.
Test.xlsx
ABCDE
2LocationCanada
4LocationPersonSalesGrowthPotential
5CanadaSally Jones$42,356.008%$16,500.00
Summary
Cell Formulas
RangeFormula
A5:E5A5=FILTER(Table_1,Table_1[Location]=$B$2,"")
Dynamic array formulas.
Cells with Data Validation
CellAllowCriteria
B2:D2List=Location

Excel Facts

Workdays for a market open Mon, Wed, Friday?
Yes! Use "0101011" for the weekend argument in NETWORKDAYS.INTL or WORKDAY.INTL. The 7 digits start on Monday. 1 means it is a weekend.
How about like
Excel Formula:
=LET(ra,ROWS(Table_1),rb,ROWS(Table_2)+ra,rc,ROWS(Table_3)+rb,s,SEQUENCE(rc+ROWS(Table_4)),sc,SEQUENCE(,COLUMNS(Table_1)),data,IF(s<=ra,INDEX(Table_1,s,sc),IF(s<=rb,INDEX(Table_2,s-ra,sc),IF(s<=rc,INDEX(Table_3,s-rb,sc),INDEX(Table_4,s-rc,sc)))),FILTER(data,INDEX(data,,1)=B2))

Upvote 0
How about like
Excel Formula:
=LET(ra,ROWS(Table_1),rb,ROWS(Table_2)+ra,rc,ROWS(Table_3)+rb,s,SEQUENCE(rc+ROWS(Table_4)),sc,SEQUENCE(,COLUMNS(Table_1)),data,IF(s<=ra,INDEX(Table_1,s,sc),IF(s<=rb,INDEX(Table_2,s-ra,sc),IF(s<=rc,INDEX(Table_3,s-rb,sc),INDEX(Table_4,s-rc,sc)))),FILTER(data,INDEX(data,,1)=B2))
This is exactly what i was after! Thank you.
Now that this is working for me, I am seeing that, in the event i have a blank cell in a column to the right of the Location column, this formula results in a '0' in the filtered field. Is there a way to prevent the filter from inserting a 0, and keeping it as a blank? I attempted to use ISBLANK() with an IF() function before the FILTER(), but that doesn't seem to make any difference to me.

Upvote 0
Will you have a 0 that needs to remain?

Upvote 0
Ok, how about
Excel Formula:
=LET(ra,ROWS(Table_1),rb,ROWS(Table_2)+ra,rc,ROWS(Table_3)+rb,s,SEQUENCE(rc+ROWS(Table_4)),sc,SEQUENCE(,COLUMNS(Table_1)),data,IF(s<=ra,INDEX(IF(Table_1="","",Table_1),s,sc),IF(s<=rb,INDEX(IF(Table_2="","",Table_2),s-ra,sc),IF(s<=rc,INDEX(IF(Table_3="","",Table_3),s-rb,sc),INDEX(IF(Table_4="","",Table_4),s-rc,sc)))),FILTER(data,INDEX(data,,1)=B2))

Upvote 0
Solution

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
81jamesacct

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back