Summarizing mutilple workbooks

Socal996

Hello,

I'm relatively new to using Excel functions and am looking for the best way to summarize data. Here are the facts:
There are multiple workbooks which represent company projects i.e., proj341, proj342 etc. Within these projects are multiple personnel identified individually. An employee may be contained in multiple project sheets. What I would like to do is set up a resource summary workbook that looks at all the various projects and identifies which individual is in each and then lists by individual which projects they are scheduled to work on. At the same time, I would like to be able to modify the projects on a realtime basis and see the change in the resource summary.

Any help with how best to proceed is greatly appreciated.

Brian

Excel Facts

When did Power Query debut in Excel?
Although it was an add-in in Excel 2010 & Excel 2013, Power Query became a part of Excel in 2016, in Data, Get & Transform Data.
If you don't want to use a code, try making up with some Gantt Chart Thing where you put all of your Sheet names in Columns and Name in the First Column. Then Use VLOOKUP or Find Formula to look for that name in the respective sheets - the resultant will be True or False. There you can count all True and get the desired result.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shantanu2024

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back