Summary Page

ArbiterWolf

Office Version
  1. 2016
Platform
  1. Windows
Hello,

I work for a company that prints, folds, and mails utility bills. The bills have many different sorts, #10 Envelopes, #9 Envelopes(Small Return Envelope for a check), Multiple page statements, and Inserts.
I'm trying to create a daily summary sheet for all our projects. What I have highlighted in blue is automatically generated data I get from our system everyday it consists of various jobs that I copied and pasted into a single excel sheet.

What I would like is something that can atomically give me a Daily Summary of the supply usage for the day for 2 different folding locations(FIM=Folding Insert Mail location column G). I manually did all the math(hopefully I did it correctly) for this example highlighted in green. We ignore the "Shipped UPS(Suppressed)" location quantity, that is not calculated in the math for both the envelopes and inserts.

So what would be ideal is if I have a separate Excel Workbook I can reuse daily that has 2 tabs in it. The first tab I copy and paste the data from our system exactly how I did in the blue, and on the second tab it automatically creates something like I have in the green that I can print out. Then I can perform a Save As to keep the original document intact for reuse.

A little more about the Envelope types, we have 3 different types of envelopes and each of those types have their own #10 and #9. All statements get a #10 envelope(Only way to mail statements)....The statements that we expect a return payment get a #9 envelope included. Column F indicates if that particular sort includes #9 or not, blank means Yes and NO means No #9.

So for the inserts I would need some sort of formula that can detect what sorts are using the same insert name and add the totals up and separate the totals between the 2 folding locations.

What's the best way of achieving this?

EXCEL_QI6mzUr8RY.png

Excel Facts

How to find 2nd largest value in a column?
MAX finds the largest value. =LARGE(A:A,2) will find the second largest. =SMALL(A:A,3) will find the third smallest

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
excelquestion515

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back