Summing Multiple Rows of Data...

mark2323

Office Version
  1. 2016
Platform
  1. Windows
Hello, I'm looking for some input to help me with summing multiple rows of data. It's probably a simple solution, I'm just very inexperienced at this point.

** File attached **

I have a worksheet ("Player Games") that has rows of data containing statistics from individual basketball games. Each row of data represents an individual player's stats for one game. Each row has a Player ID (Column A), then their stats for that particular game in subsequent columns. Many players will have played multiple games and therefore their Player ID shows up multiple times in Column A. I'm wanting to aggregate the individual game stats into season stats for each individual player in a separate worksheet titled "Player Totals". I plan to use SUMIF formulas to aggregate the stats. My issue is that I don't know how to use formulas so that each Player ID represented in Column A on the "Player Games" worksheet, will only show up once on the "Player Total" worksheet in Column A, so I can then use the SUMIF formulas in the other columns to aggregate the stats.

Any input would be greatly appreciated!

Attachments

• Screenshot (62).gif
    Screenshot (62).gif
    170.6 KB · Views: 11
  • Screenshot (63).png
    Screenshot (63).png
    252.9 KB · Views: 9

Excel Facts

Why are there 1,048,576 rows in Excel?
The Excel team increased the size of the grid in 2007. There are 2^20 rows and 2^14 columns for a total of 17 billion cells.
Please use XL2BB to show your representative data so that no one here trying to help you has to reproduce your data.
Would you also an example or three of where a Player ID is replicated?

Upvote 0
If you need the unique IDs and then the names matching those in a one-off situation, you could use Advanced Filter. Then copy those unique values to your second sheet.
A VLOOKUP would bring over the Player Names.

1619730169279.png

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Andyg666

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back