Summing up Unique Value across multiple worksheets

rmrossetti

Hi All!

I need to sum up a person's allocations across multiple worksheets, 6 in total. Any Suggestions? For instance, How many hours is Jane Doe Allocated across each book.

Excel Facts

When they said...
When they said you are going to "Excel at life", they meant you "will be doing Excel your whole life".
Can you post a sample of your data showing how things are setup in say 3 worksheets and show what you are trying to sum and exactly how you want it to look in the end as well?

Upvote 0
Here is an example of the data that is uniform across multiple books labeled "Team 1", "Team 2", "Team 3", etc.

ABC

<tbody>
</tbody>
PositionDeptAllocation
OPEN AMPProduction1
OPEN PMProduction1

<tbody>
</tbody>

It would need to sum up on a separate tab Labeled "Allocations"
ABC
PositionDeptAllocated Amount
OPEN AMPProductionNeed Formula
OPEN PMProductionNeed Formula

<tbody>
</tbody>

Last edited:
Upvote 0
How many worksheets will you be using that have a setup like the below? And also you mention that you want to know how many hours Jane Doe has, but I don't see her name mentioned, I only see position and department...?

PositionDeptAllocation
OPEN AMPProduction1
OPEN PMProduction1

<tbody>
</tbody>

Upvote 0
Sorry, instead of Jane Doe just use the position, that is the unique value I need to sum up. The allocation is the hours amount. It will be 8 worksheets that the data is spread across. All with the same set up. Only difference will be 50-100 people each worksheet, and could have that same person across multiple worksheets.

Upvote 0
=SUMPRODUCT(SUMIFS(INDIRECT("'"&$A$2:$A$7&"'!C:C"),INDIRECT("'"&$A$2:$A$7&"'!A:A"),$A2,INDIRECT("'"&$A$2:$A$7&"'!B:B"),$B2))

where A2:A7 houses the relevant sheet names, column C the allocation values to sum, column A positions that must satisfy a position given in A2, and column B departments that must satisfy a department value in B2.

Upvote 0
Hi Aladin,

Why do #VALUE! errors appears when evaluating this formula, yet it works?

Upvote 0
Awesome I'll give it a shot!

What is the purpose of the "'"

No need for it if the relevant sheet name consist of a single word like Sheet1. When we have a sheet name like:

January 2016

which contains a space, we must put a pair of single quotes around the name, that is,

'January 2016'

Hence: "'".

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
davidcom

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back