Summing Values

atgordon

Board Regular
I have a table in Access that has invoice numbers, dollar amounts and pay dates. Since some of the invoices are paid in installments, an invoice number might be listed twice, each time with a different dollar amount and pay date. I would like to create something akin to a pivot table in excel where I can have a unique listing of invoice numbers with a total amount paid on that invoice. I know they have pivot tables in Access, but I am not sure if that would work, as after I have the unique invoices and total payment amounts in a table, I want to query that table for other uses.

Any help that can be provided would be greatly appreciated. I am not that familiar with Access, so the easiest way is best.

Thanks.

Excel Facts

Convert text numbers to real numbers
Select a column containing text numbers. Press Alt+D E F to quickly convert text to numbers. Faster than "Convert to Number"
Build a Totals query.
In Design view in the query, add InvoiceNo, PaymentAmt and ClientName (this may come from another table, via a relationship -- just add the Clients table to the query as well).
Click the Sigma button on the toolbar to display the Totals row. All items will be Group By at this stage. Change PaymentAmt to Sum.

Denis

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sharmarick

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back