Sumproduct formula having trouble dealing cell formulas returning blanks

cwbasset

Office Version
  1. 365
Platform
  1. Windows
I am sure that there is an easy answer for this, but I apparently am not using the correct key search words to find it.

I have a proven conditional sumproduct formula that returns the column value from another spreadsheet: =SUMPRODUCT(('[2021 monthly.xlsx]vlookup'!$C$5:$O$29)*('[2021 monthly.xlsx]vlookup'!$C$3:$O$3=J$4))

However, when I use it on the newer 2022 monthly.xlsx spreadsheet, I receive #VALUE! errors.

I believe the difference must be in the formulas used pulling in data to the range in the original spreadsheets. In the spreadsheet that works, the cell formulas within the sumproduct range use the simple formula of =Jan!$W5.

In the updated spreadsheet, I am using the following formula: =IFERROR(INDEX(Jan!$A$5:$BC$35,MATCH(vlookup!$A5,Jan!$A$5:$A$35,0),MATCH(vlookup!C$1,Jan!$A$4:$BC$4,0)),"")

When I try to evaluate the formula, both ranges used in the formula seem to be fine, it is just at the end when everything comes up with errors. I'm stumped!

Any suggestions would be GREATLY appreciated!

Excel Facts

Does the VLOOKUP table have to be sorted?
No! when you are using an exact match, the VLOOKUP table can be in any order. Best-selling items at the top is actually the best.
When the formula returns "" empty, then it is no longer considered as a numerical value, so the formula returns error #¡VALUE!

Then you can use the following array formula:
Dante Amor
K
Hoja1
Cell Formulas
RangeFormula
K4K4=SUM(IF('[2021 monthly.xlsx]vlookup'!$C$3:$O$3=J$4,'[2021 monthly.xlsx]vlookup'!$C$5:$O$29))
Press CTRL+SHIFT+ENTER to enter array formulas.

Upvote 0
Well, that makes sense. However, I am still receiving the #VALUE! error

Upvote 0
The formula works with my test data. You could share your test file to review your data.

You could upload a copy of your file to a free site such www.dropbox.com or google drive. Once you do that, mark it for 'Sharing' and you will be given a link to the file that you can post here. If the workbook contains confidential information, you could replace it with generic data.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Armadillos

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back