SUMPRODUCT formula help

brooksc29

I'm not sure how to post this work easily through the thread, but here's a link to my work
http://s1015.photobucket.com/albums/...urrent=A-1.jpg

if you can view it it will be much easier to help me.

To start, I have named ranges on the worksheet:

A2:A31208 = DateRange
B2:B31208 = Pitcher
C2:C31208 = Batter
D2:D31208 = Inning
E2:E31208 = Catch
G2:U31210 = AllP

in colums A:E data is entered into rows 2, 5, & 8, etc all the way down to 31208, in every 3 cells, as every three cells are merged together. I have it set up that way b/c in G2:G31210 each row corresponds to either a Pitch (row 1, 4, 7, etc) a starting point (row 2, 5, 8, etc) and a finishing point (row 3, 6, 9, etc). I am trying to write formulas based upon the Date Range, name of Pitcher, Batter, Inning, or Catcher and where the Pitch Type (row 1, 4, 7) finished (row 3, 6, 9) for each place it started (row 2, 5, 8).

I have some drop down lists that lets the user choose the name of the pitcher, catcher, inning, or batter, and choose a date range. those cells will be referenced in the formulas that will determine the results the user is looking for.

In cell W2, I have the pitcher name the user chooses from a drop down list
In cell W3, I have the catcher name (options are All or choice of two catchers)
In cell W4, I have the Pitch Type (F, C, S, H, or All)
In cell W5, I have the Inning (options are 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9, 1-3, 4-6, 7-9, or ALL)

There are 9 quadrants where I will be filtering information for, simply given numerical values 1-9. Right now I will use an example of quadrant 1.

I am trying to write formulas for the following (all entered as arrays):
1) For the most common finishing point for Pitch Types to a location (quadrant 1) I have, as an array:
=IFERROR(MODE(IF($B2:$B31210=$W$2,IF($G$2:$U$31208=$W$4,IF($G$3:$U$31209=1,IF(ISNUMBER($G$4:$U$31210 ),$G$4:$U$31210))))),"-")

This formula is figuring out most common quadrant that the pitch type in cell W4 finished in, that started in quadrant 1, for the pitcher name in cell W2. I need to add to this formula the ability to filter for inning, catcher, and batter, and date range, and I'm not sure how to do that. I also need the ability for filtering for ALL pitchers, ALL innings, ALL catchers, as well.

2) For total Pitch Types to a location (quadrant 1) I have, as an array:
=IFERROR(SUM(IF($B2:$B31210=$W$2,IF($G$2:$U$31208=$W$4,IF($G$3:$U$31209=1,$G$3:$U$31209)))),"-")

This formula is simply truing to total the number of pitch types in cell W4 for the quadrant 1 by the pitcher name in cell W2. Same as above, I need to add the ability to SUM when the user chooses a certain Catcher, Inning, Batter, Date Range, as well as the ALL function of the formula.

3) For total number of pitch type that didn't finish in same quadrant where they started
=SUMPRODUCT(($G2:$U$31208=$W$4)*($G3:$U$31209=1)*($G3:$U$31209<>$G4:$U$31210))

This formula is totaling the number of pitch type in cell W4, that finished in a zone different than quadrant 1. I need to add the ability to filter for the same as above. I have tried using this: =SUMPRODUCT(Pitcher=$W$2)*(CATCH=$W$3)*(Inning=$W$5)*(AllP=$W$4) - but it's giving me back 0 as a result. I'm wondering if it has to do w/ the merging of cells for Pitcher/Catch/Inning?

I realize this is an extremely long post and any help would be much appreciated!

Thank you so much!

p.s. I have also posted this thread on another site (http://www.excelforum.com/excel-general/773668-sumproduct-formula-help.html) for help. I am just hoping to increase my chances of assistance. I do not mean to offend anyone here.

Thank you!

one small piece I forgot to add in this SUMPRODUCT formula is filtering for a specific value for PitchStart... however, even when adding, my result is still 0

{=SUMPRODUCT((PitcherName=IF(PitcherName="ALL",PitcherName,$W$2))*(CatcherName=IF(CatcherName="ALL",CatcherName,$W$3))*(Inning=IF(Inning="ALL",Inning,$W$5))*(AllP=IF(AllP="All",AllP,$W$4))*(GameDate>=StartDate)*(GameDate<=EndDate)*(PitchStart=1)*(PitchStart<>PitchFinish))}

Upvote 0

Excel Facts

Is there a shortcut key for strikethrough?
Ctrl+S is used for Save. Ctrl+5 is used for Strikethrough. Why Ctrl+5? When you use hashmarks to count |||| is 4, strike through to mean 5.
I've been entering it that way, as an array.

It's still giving me 0.

confusing!

The question is whether we map the Sum/If formula correctly to a SumProduct formula. It might be the case that the mapping is not possible.

Care to create a sample with a very tiny size: G2:J10, not more so we can
test the mapping?

Upvote 0
sure, i can do that... for right now, my data set is just from G2:U10.

why would the mapping not be possible?

Upvote 0
sure, i can do that... for right now, my data set is just from G2:U10.

why would the mapping not be possible?

Please reduce that to G2:J10...

Sum/If are more expressive than SumProduct formulas, meaning
some of the former would be impossible with the latter. We would like
to make sure whether this is the case here using a small sample.

Upvote 0
ok, what do you want me to do with the reduced to G2:J10? change the formulas to reflect that or get rid of the other data?

Upvote 0
ok, what do you want me to do with the reduced to G2:J10? change the formulas to reflect that or get rid of the other data?

Post just G2:J10 using IE with borders around each cell. Would you also include t
he expected results, calculated with Sum/if and the formula itself as applied to G2:J10?

Upvote 0
Post just G2:J10 using IE with borders around each cell.

not sure how to do this... copy and paste? here goes.
G H I J
<TABLE style="WIDTH: 128pt; BORDER-COLLAPSE: collapse" border=0 cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width=168><COLGROUP><COL style="WIDTH: 32pt; mso-width-source: userset; mso-width-alt: 1536" span=4 width=42><TBODY><TR style="HEIGHT: 15.75pt" height=21><TD style="BORDER-BOTTOM: windowtext 1pt solid; BORDER-LEFT: windowtext 0.5pt solid; BACKGROUND-COLOR: black; WIDTH: 32pt; HEIGHT: 15.75pt; BORDER-TOP: windowtext 1pt solid; BORDER-RIGHT: windowtext 0.5pt solid" class=xl64 height=21 width=42>1</TD><TD style="BORDER-BOTTOM: windowtext 1pt solid; BORDER-LEFT: windowtext; BACKGROUND-COLOR: black; WIDTH: 32pt; BORDER-TOP: windowtext 1pt solid; BORDER-RIGHT: windowtext 0.5pt solid" class=xl64 width=42>2</TD><TD style="BORDER-BOTTOM: windowtext 1pt solid; BORDER-LEFT: windowtext; BACKGROUND-COLOR: black; WIDTH: 32pt; BORDER-TOP: windowtext 1pt solid; BORDER-RIGHT: windowtext 0.5pt solid" class=xl64 width=42>3</TD><TD style="BORDER-BOTTOM: windowtext 1pt solid; BORDER-LEFT: windowtext; BACKGROUND-COLOR: black; WIDTH: 32pt; BORDER-TOP: windowtext 1pt solid; BORDER-RIGHT: windowtext 0.5pt solid" class=xl64 width=42>4</TD></TR><TR style="HEIGHT: 15pt" height=20><TD style="BORDER-BOTTOM: #e0dfe3; BORDER-LEFT: windowtext 0.5pt solid; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent; HEIGHT: 15pt; BORDER-TOP: #e0dfe3; BORDER-RIGHT: windowtext 0.5pt solid" class=xl63 height=20>F</TD><TD style="BORDER-BOTTOM: #e0dfe3; BORDER-LEFT: windowtext; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent; BORDER-TOP: #e0dfe3; BORDER-RIGHT: windowtext 0.5pt solid" class=xl63>S</TD><TD style="BORDER-BOTTOM: #e0dfe3; BORDER-LEFT: windowtext; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent; BORDER-TOP: #e0dfe3; BORDER-RIGHT: windowtext 0.5pt solid" class=xl63>F</TD><TD style="BORDER-BOTTOM: #e0dfe3; BORDER-LEFT: windowtext; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent; BORDER-TOP: #e0dfe3; BORDER-RIGHT: windowtext 0.5pt solid" class=xl63>H</TD></TR><TR style="HEIGHT: 15pt" height=20><TD style="BORDER-BOTTOM: #e0dfe3; BORDER-LEFT: windowtext 0.5pt solid; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent; HEIGHT: 15pt; BORDER-TOP: #e0dfe3; BORDER-RIGHT: windowtext 0.5pt solid" class=xl65 height=20>1</TD><TD style="BORDER-BOTTOM: #e0dfe3; BORDER-LEFT: windowtext; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent; BORDER-TOP: #e0dfe3; BORDER-RIGHT: windowtext 0.5pt solid" class=xl65>3</TD><TD style="BORDER-BOTTOM: #e0dfe3; BORDER-LEFT: windowtext; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent; BORDER-TOP: #e0dfe3; BORDER-RIGHT: windowtext 0.5pt solid" class=xl65>1</TD><TD style="BORDER-BOTTOM: #e0dfe3; BORDER-LEFT: windowtext; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent; BORDER-TOP: #e0dfe3; BORDER-RIGHT: windowtext 0.5pt solid" class=xl65>2</TD></TR><TR style="HEIGHT: 15.75pt" height=21><TD style="BORDER-BOTTOM: windowtext 1pt solid; BORDER-LEFT: windowtext 0.5pt solid; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent; HEIGHT: 15.75pt; BORDER-TOP: #e0dfe3; BORDER-RIGHT: windowtext 0.5pt solid" class=xl66 height=21>11</TD><TD style="BORDER-BOTTOM: windowtext 1pt solid; BORDER-LEFT: windowtext; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent; BORDER-TOP: #e0dfe3; BORDER-RIGHT: windowtext 0.5pt solid" class=xl66>2</TD><TD style="BORDER-BOTTOM: windowtext 1pt solid; BORDER-LEFT: windowtext; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent; BORDER-TOP: #e0dfe3; BORDER-RIGHT: windowtext 0.5pt solid" class=xl66>11</TD><TD style="BORDER-BOTTOM: windowtext 1pt solid; BORDER-LEFT: windowtext; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent; BORDER-TOP: #e0dfe3; BORDER-RIGHT: windowtext 0.5pt solid" class=xl66>12</TD></TR><TR style="HEIGHT: 15pt; mso-height-source: userset" height=20><TD style="BORDER-BOTTOM: #e0dfe3; BORDER-LEFT: windowtext 0.5pt solid; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent; HEIGHT: 15pt; BORDER-TOP: #e0dfe3; BORDER-RIGHT: windowtext 0.5pt solid" class=xl63 height=20>F</TD><TD style="BORDER-BOTTOM: #e0dfe3; BORDER-LEFT: windowtext; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent; BORDER-TOP: #e0dfe3; BORDER-RIGHT: windowtext 0.5pt solid" class=xl63>S</TD><TD style="BORDER-BOTTOM: #e0dfe3; BORDER-LEFT: windowtext; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent; BORDER-TOP: #e0dfe3; BORDER-RIGHT: windowtext 0.5pt solid" class=xl63>F</TD><TD style="BORDER-BOTTOM: #e0dfe3; BORDER-LEFT: windowtext; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent; BORDER-TOP: #e0dfe3; BORDER-RIGHT: windowtext 0.5pt solid" class=xl63>H</TD></TR><TR style="HEIGHT: 15pt; mso-height-source: userset" height=20><TD style="BORDER-BOTTOM: #e0dfe3; BORDER-LEFT: windowtext 0.5pt solid; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent; HEIGHT: 15pt; BORDER-TOP: #e0dfe3; BORDER-RIGHT: windowtext 0.5pt solid" class=xl65 height=20>1</TD><TD style="BORDER-BOTTOM: #e0dfe3; BORDER-LEFT: windowtext; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent; BORDER-TOP: #e0dfe3; BORDER-RIGHT: windowtext 0.5pt solid" class=xl65>3</TD><TD style="BORDER-BOTTOM: #e0dfe3; BORDER-LEFT: windowtext; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent; BORDER-TOP: #e0dfe3; BORDER-RIGHT: windowtext 0.5pt solid" class=xl65>1</TD><TD style="BORDER-BOTTOM: #e0dfe3; BORDER-LEFT: windowtext; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent; BORDER-TOP: #e0dfe3; BORDER-RIGHT: windowtext 0.5pt solid" class=xl65>2</TD></TR><TR style="HEIGHT: 15.75pt; mso-height-source: userset" height=21><TD style="BORDER-BOTTOM: windowtext 1pt solid; BORDER-LEFT: windowtext 0.5pt solid; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent; HEIGHT: 15.75pt; BORDER-TOP: #e0dfe3; BORDER-RIGHT: windowtext 0.5pt solid" class=xl66 height=21>1</TD><TD style="BORDER-BOTTOM: windowtext 1pt solid; BORDER-LEFT: windowtext; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent; BORDER-TOP: #e0dfe3; BORDER-RIGHT: windowtext 0.5pt solid" class=xl66>2</TD><TD style="BORDER-BOTTOM: windowtext 1pt solid; BORDER-LEFT: windowtext; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent; BORDER-TOP: #e0dfe3; BORDER-RIGHT: windowtext 0.5pt solid" class=xl66>11</TD><TD style="BORDER-BOTTOM: windowtext 1pt solid; BORDER-LEFT: windowtext; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent; BORDER-TOP: #e0dfe3; BORDER-RIGHT: windowtext 0.5pt solid" class=xl66>12</TD></TR><TR style="HEIGHT: 15pt; mso-height-source: userset" height=20><TD style="BORDER-BOTTOM: #e0dfe3; BORDER-LEFT: windowtext 0.5pt solid; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent; HEIGHT: 15pt; BORDER-TOP: #e0dfe3; BORDER-RIGHT: windowtext 0.5pt solid" class=xl63 height=20>F</TD><TD style="BORDER-BOTTOM: #e0dfe3; BORDER-LEFT: windowtext; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent; BORDER-TOP: #e0dfe3; BORDER-RIGHT: windowtext 0.5pt solid" class=xl63>S</TD><TD style="BORDER-BOTTOM: #e0dfe3; BORDER-LEFT: windowtext; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent; BORDER-TOP: #e0dfe3; BORDER-RIGHT: windowtext 0.5pt solid" class=xl63>F</TD><TD style="BORDER-BOTTOM: #e0dfe3; BORDER-LEFT: windowtext; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent; BORDER-TOP: #e0dfe3; BORDER-RIGHT: windowtext 0.5pt solid" class=xl63>H</TD></TR><TR style="HEIGHT: 15pt; mso-height-source: userset" height=20><TD style="BORDER-BOTTOM: #e0dfe3; BORDER-LEFT: windowtext 0.5pt solid; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent; HEIGHT: 15pt; BORDER-TOP: #e0dfe3; BORDER-RIGHT: windowtext 0.5pt solid" class=xl65 height=20>1</TD><TD style="BORDER-BOTTOM: #e0dfe3; BORDER-LEFT: windowtext; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent; BORDER-TOP: #e0dfe3; BORDER-RIGHT: windowtext 0.5pt solid" class=xl65>3</TD><TD style="BORDER-BOTTOM: #e0dfe3; BORDER-LEFT: windowtext; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent; BORDER-TOP: #e0dfe3; BORDER-RIGHT: windowtext 0.5pt solid" class=xl65>1</TD><TD style="BORDER-BOTTOM: #e0dfe3; BORDER-LEFT: windowtext; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent; BORDER-TOP: #e0dfe3; BORDER-RIGHT: windowtext 0.5pt solid" class=xl65>2</TD></TR><TR style="HEIGHT: 15.75pt; mso-height-source: userset" height=21><TD style="BORDER-BOTTOM: windowtext 1pt solid; BORDER-LEFT: windowtext 0.5pt solid; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent; HEIGHT: 15.75pt; BORDER-TOP: #e0dfe3; BORDER-RIGHT: windowtext 0.5pt solid" class=xl66 height=21>1</TD><TD style="BORDER-BOTTOM: windowtext 1pt solid; BORDER-LEFT: windowtext; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent; BORDER-TOP: #e0dfe3; BORDER-RIGHT: windowtext 0.5pt solid" class=xl66>2</TD><TD style="BORDER-BOTTOM: windowtext 1pt solid; BORDER-LEFT: windowtext; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent; BORDER-TOP: #e0dfe3; BORDER-RIGHT: windowtext 0.5pt solid" class=xl66>11</TD><TD style="BORDER-BOTTOM: windowtext 1pt solid; BORDER-LEFT: windowtext; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent; BORDER-TOP: #e0dfe3; BORDER-RIGHT: windowtext 0.5pt solid" class=xl66>12</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

Would you also include t
he expected results, calculated with Sum/if and the formula itself as applied to G2:J10?

This is the formula for all Pitches (rows 2,5,8) in PitchStart (rows 3,6,9) area 1.
{=IFERROR(SUM(IF(PitcherName=IF($W$2="All",PitcherName,$W$2),IF(CatcherName=IF($W$3="All",CatcherName,$W$3),IF(Inning=IF($W$5="All",Inning,$W$5),IF(AllP=IF($W$4="ALL",AllP,$W$4),IF($G$3:$U$31209=1,$G$3:$U$31209)))))),"-")}

The calculated result is 6.

What this formula
{=SUMPRODUCT((PitcherName=IF(PitcherName="ALL",PitcherName,$W$2))*(CatcherName=IF(CatcherName="ALL",CatcherName,$W$3))*(Inning=IF(Inning="ALL",Inning,$W$5))*(AllP=IF(AllP="All",AllP,$W$4))*(GameDate>=StartDate)*(GameDate<=EndDate)*(PitchStart=1)*(PitchStart<>PitchFinish))}

needs to figure out is all Pitches in PitchStart area 1 that ended (PitchFinish - rows 4,7,10) in an area other than 1. The formula
works when I choose a certain pitch (in W4), but not when I am searcing for all pitches.

I hope that helps.

Upvote 0
not sure how to do this... copy and paste? here goes.
G H I J
<TABLE style="WIDTH: 128pt; BORDER-COLLAPSE: collapse" border=0 cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width=168><COLGROUP><COL style="WIDTH: 32pt; mso-width-source: userset; mso-width-alt: 1536" span=4 width=42><TBODY><TR style="HEIGHT: 15.75pt" height=21><TD style="BORDER-BOTTOM: windowtext 1pt solid; BORDER-LEFT: windowtext 0.5pt solid; BACKGROUND-COLOR: black; WIDTH: 32pt; HEIGHT: 15.75pt; BORDER-TOP: windowtext 1pt solid; BORDER-RIGHT: windowtext 0.5pt solid" class=xl64 height=21 width=42>1</TD><TD style="BORDER-BOTTOM: windowtext 1pt solid; BORDER-LEFT: windowtext; BACKGROUND-COLOR: black; WIDTH: 32pt; BORDER-TOP: windowtext 1pt solid; BORDER-RIGHT: windowtext 0.5pt solid" class=xl64 width=42>2</TD><TD style="BORDER-BOTTOM: windowtext 1pt solid; BORDER-LEFT: windowtext; BACKGROUND-COLOR: black; WIDTH: 32pt; BORDER-TOP: windowtext 1pt solid; BORDER-RIGHT: windowtext 0.5pt solid" class=xl64 width=42>3</TD><TD style="BORDER-BOTTOM: windowtext 1pt solid; BORDER-LEFT: windowtext; BACKGROUND-COLOR: black; WIDTH: 32pt; BORDER-TOP: windowtext 1pt solid; BORDER-RIGHT: windowtext 0.5pt solid" class=xl64 width=42>4</TD></TR><TR style="HEIGHT: 15pt" height=20><TD style="BORDER-BOTTOM: #e0dfe3; BORDER-LEFT: windowtext 0.5pt solid; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent; HEIGHT: 15pt; BORDER-TOP: #e0dfe3; BORDER-RIGHT: windowtext 0.5pt solid" class=xl63 height=20>F</TD><TD style="BORDER-BOTTOM: #e0dfe3; BORDER-LEFT: windowtext; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent; BORDER-TOP: #e0dfe3; BORDER-RIGHT: windowtext 0.5pt solid" class=xl63>S</TD><TD style="BORDER-BOTTOM: #e0dfe3; BORDER-LEFT: windowtext; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent; BORDER-TOP: #e0dfe3; BORDER-RIGHT: windowtext 0.5pt solid" class=xl63>F</TD><TD style="BORDER-BOTTOM: #e0dfe3; BORDER-LEFT: windowtext; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent; BORDER-TOP: #e0dfe3; BORDER-RIGHT: windowtext 0.5pt solid" class=xl63>H</TD></TR><TR style="HEIGHT: 15pt" height=20><TD style="BORDER-BOTTOM: #e0dfe3; BORDER-LEFT: windowtext 0.5pt solid; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent; HEIGHT: 15pt; BORDER-TOP: #e0dfe3; BORDER-RIGHT: windowtext 0.5pt solid" class=xl65 height=20>1</TD><TD style="BORDER-BOTTOM: #e0dfe3; BORDER-LEFT: windowtext; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent; BORDER-TOP: #e0dfe3; BORDER-RIGHT: windowtext 0.5pt solid" class=xl65>3</TD><TD style="BORDER-BOTTOM: #e0dfe3; BORDER-LEFT: windowtext; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent; BORDER-TOP: #e0dfe3; BORDER-RIGHT: windowtext 0.5pt solid" class=xl65>1</TD><TD style="BORDER-BOTTOM: #e0dfe3; BORDER-LEFT: windowtext; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent; BORDER-TOP: #e0dfe3; BORDER-RIGHT: windowtext 0.5pt solid" class=xl65>2</TD></TR><TR style="HEIGHT: 15.75pt" height=21><TD style="BORDER-BOTTOM: windowtext 1pt solid; BORDER-LEFT: windowtext 0.5pt solid; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent; HEIGHT: 15.75pt; BORDER-TOP: #e0dfe3; BORDER-RIGHT: windowtext 0.5pt solid" class=xl66 height=21>11</TD><TD style="BORDER-BOTTOM: windowtext 1pt solid; BORDER-LEFT: windowtext; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent; BORDER-TOP: #e0dfe3; BORDER-RIGHT: windowtext 0.5pt solid" class=xl66>2</TD><TD style="BORDER-BOTTOM: windowtext 1pt solid; BORDER-LEFT: windowtext; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent; BORDER-TOP: #e0dfe3; BORDER-RIGHT: windowtext 0.5pt solid" class=xl66>11</TD><TD style="BORDER-BOTTOM: windowtext 1pt solid; BORDER-LEFT: windowtext; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent; BORDER-TOP: #e0dfe3; BORDER-RIGHT: windowtext 0.5pt solid" class=xl66>12</TD></TR><TR style="HEIGHT: 15pt; mso-height-source: userset" height=20><TD style="BORDER-BOTTOM: #e0dfe3; BORDER-LEFT: windowtext 0.5pt solid; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent; HEIGHT: 15pt; BORDER-TOP: #e0dfe3; BORDER-RIGHT: windowtext 0.5pt solid" class=xl63 height=20>F</TD><TD style="BORDER-BOTTOM: #e0dfe3; BORDER-LEFT: windowtext; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent; BORDER-TOP: #e0dfe3; BORDER-RIGHT: windowtext 0.5pt solid" class=xl63>S</TD><TD style="BORDER-BOTTOM: #e0dfe3; BORDER-LEFT: windowtext; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent; BORDER-TOP: #e0dfe3; BORDER-RIGHT: windowtext 0.5pt solid" class=xl63>F</TD><TD style="BORDER-BOTTOM: #e0dfe3; BORDER-LEFT: windowtext; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent; BORDER-TOP: #e0dfe3; BORDER-RIGHT: windowtext 0.5pt solid" class=xl63>H</TD></TR><TR style="HEIGHT: 15pt; mso-height-source: userset" height=20><TD style="BORDER-BOTTOM: #e0dfe3; BORDER-LEFT: windowtext 0.5pt solid; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent; HEIGHT: 15pt; BORDER-TOP: #e0dfe3; BORDER-RIGHT: windowtext 0.5pt solid" class=xl65 height=20>1</TD><TD style="BORDER-BOTTOM: #e0dfe3; BORDER-LEFT: windowtext; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent; BORDER-TOP: #e0dfe3; BORDER-RIGHT: windowtext 0.5pt solid" class=xl65>3</TD><TD style="BORDER-BOTTOM: #e0dfe3; BORDER-LEFT: windowtext; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent; BORDER-TOP: #e0dfe3; BORDER-RIGHT: windowtext 0.5pt solid" class=xl65>1</TD><TD style="BORDER-BOTTOM: #e0dfe3; BORDER-LEFT: windowtext; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent; BORDER-TOP: #e0dfe3; BORDER-RIGHT: windowtext 0.5pt solid" class=xl65>2</TD></TR><TR style="HEIGHT: 15.75pt; mso-height-source: userset" height=21><TD style="BORDER-BOTTOM: windowtext 1pt solid; BORDER-LEFT: windowtext 0.5pt solid; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent; HEIGHT: 15.75pt; BORDER-TOP: #e0dfe3; BORDER-RIGHT: windowtext 0.5pt solid" class=xl66 height=21>1</TD><TD style="BORDER-BOTTOM: windowtext 1pt solid; BORDER-LEFT: windowtext; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent; BORDER-TOP: #e0dfe3; BORDER-RIGHT: windowtext 0.5pt solid" class=xl66>2</TD><TD style="BORDER-BOTTOM: windowtext 1pt solid; BORDER-LEFT: windowtext; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent; BORDER-TOP: #e0dfe3; BORDER-RIGHT: windowtext 0.5pt solid" class=xl66>11</TD><TD style="BORDER-BOTTOM: windowtext 1pt solid; BORDER-LEFT: windowtext; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent; BORDER-TOP: #e0dfe3; BORDER-RIGHT: windowtext 0.5pt solid" class=xl66>12</TD></TR><TR style="HEIGHT: 15pt; mso-height-source: userset" height=20><TD style="BORDER-BOTTOM: #e0dfe3; BORDER-LEFT: windowtext 0.5pt solid; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent; HEIGHT: 15pt; BORDER-TOP: #e0dfe3; BORDER-RIGHT: windowtext 0.5pt solid" class=xl63 height=20>F</TD><TD style="BORDER-BOTTOM: #e0dfe3; BORDER-LEFT: windowtext; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent; BORDER-TOP: #e0dfe3; BORDER-RIGHT: windowtext 0.5pt solid" class=xl63>S</TD><TD style="BORDER-BOTTOM: #e0dfe3; BORDER-LEFT: windowtext; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent; BORDER-TOP: #e0dfe3; BORDER-RIGHT: windowtext 0.5pt solid" class=xl63>F</TD><TD style="BORDER-BOTTOM: #e0dfe3; BORDER-LEFT: windowtext; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent; BORDER-TOP: #e0dfe3; BORDER-RIGHT: windowtext 0.5pt solid" class=xl63>H</TD></TR><TR style="HEIGHT: 15pt; mso-height-source: userset" height=20><TD style="BORDER-BOTTOM: #e0dfe3; BORDER-LEFT: windowtext 0.5pt solid; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent; HEIGHT: 15pt; BORDER-TOP: #e0dfe3; BORDER-RIGHT: windowtext 0.5pt solid" class=xl65 height=20>1</TD><TD style="BORDER-BOTTOM: #e0dfe3; BORDER-LEFT: windowtext; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent; BORDER-TOP: #e0dfe3; BORDER-RIGHT: windowtext 0.5pt solid" class=xl65>3</TD><TD style="BORDER-BOTTOM: #e0dfe3; BORDER-LEFT: windowtext; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent; BORDER-TOP: #e0dfe3; BORDER-RIGHT: windowtext 0.5pt solid" class=xl65>1</TD><TD style="BORDER-BOTTOM: #e0dfe3; BORDER-LEFT: windowtext; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent; BORDER-TOP: #e0dfe3; BORDER-RIGHT: windowtext 0.5pt solid" class=xl65>2</TD></TR><TR style="HEIGHT: 15.75pt; mso-height-source: userset" height=21><TD style="BORDER-BOTTOM: windowtext 1pt solid; BORDER-LEFT: windowtext 0.5pt solid; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent; HEIGHT: 15.75pt; BORDER-TOP: #e0dfe3; BORDER-RIGHT: windowtext 0.5pt solid" class=xl66 height=21>1</TD><TD style="BORDER-BOTTOM: windowtext 1pt solid; BORDER-LEFT: windowtext; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent; BORDER-TOP: #e0dfe3; BORDER-RIGHT: windowtext 0.5pt solid" class=xl66>2</TD><TD style="BORDER-BOTTOM: windowtext 1pt solid; BORDER-LEFT: windowtext; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent; BORDER-TOP: #e0dfe3; BORDER-RIGHT: windowtext 0.5pt solid" class=xl66>11</TD><TD style="BORDER-BOTTOM: windowtext 1pt solid; BORDER-LEFT: windowtext; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent; BORDER-TOP: #e0dfe3; BORDER-RIGHT: windowtext 0.5pt solid" class=xl66>12</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

This is great.

This is the formula for all Pitches (rows 2,5,8) in PitchStart (rows 3,6,9) area 1.
{=IFERROR(SUM(IF(PitcherName=IF($W$2="All",PitcherName,$W$2),IF(CatcherName=IF($W$3="All",CatcherName,$W$3),IF(Inning=IF($W$5="All",Inning,$W$5),IF(AllP=IF($W$4="ALL",AllP,$W$4),IF($G$3:$U$31209=1,$G$3:$U$31209)))))),"-")}

The calculated result is 6.

Would you re-write this formula in terms of ranges related to the sample above? Omit any sheet name and also mention the values that we need in W2, W3, W4, and W5?

Upvote 0
<TABLE style="WIDTH: 128pt; BORDER-COLLAPSE: collapse" border=0 cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width=168><COLGROUP><COL style="WIDTH: 32pt; mso-width-source: userset; mso-width-alt: 1536" span=4 width=42><TBODY><TR style="HEIGHT: 15.75pt" height=21><TD style="BORDER-BOTTOM: windowtext 0.5pt solid; BORDER-LEFT: windowtext 0.5pt solid; BACKGROUND-COLOR: black; WIDTH: 32pt; HEIGHT: 15.75pt; BORDER-TOP: windowtext 0.5pt solid; BORDER-RIGHT: windowtext 0.5pt solid" class=xl65 height=21 width=42>1</TD><TD style="BORDER-BOTTOM: windowtext 0.5pt solid; BORDER-LEFT: windowtext; BACKGROUND-COLOR: black; WIDTH: 32pt; BORDER-TOP: windowtext 0.5pt solid; BORDER-RIGHT: windowtext 0.5pt solid" class=xl65 width=42>2</TD><TD style="BORDER-BOTTOM: windowtext 0.5pt solid; BORDER-LEFT: windowtext; BACKGROUND-COLOR: black; WIDTH: 32pt; BORDER-TOP: windowtext 0.5pt solid; BORDER-RIGHT: windowtext 0.5pt solid" class=xl65 width=42>3</TD><TD style="BORDER-BOTTOM: windowtext 0.5pt solid; BORDER-LEFT: windowtext; BACKGROUND-COLOR: black; WIDTH: 32pt; BORDER-TOP: windowtext 0.5pt solid; BORDER-RIGHT: windowtext 0.5pt solid" class=xl65 width=42>4</TD></TR><TR style="HEIGHT: 15pt" height=20><TD style="BORDER-BOTTOM: windowtext 0.5pt solid; BORDER-LEFT: windowtext 0.5pt solid; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent; HEIGHT: 15pt; BORDER-TOP: windowtext; BORDER-RIGHT: windowtext 0.5pt solid" class=xl66 height=20>F</TD><TD style="BORDER-BOTTOM: windowtext 0.5pt solid; BORDER-LEFT: windowtext; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent; BORDER-TOP: windowtext; BORDER-RIGHT: windowtext 0.5pt solid" class=xl66>S</TD><TD style="BORDER-BOTTOM: windowtext 0.5pt solid; BORDER-LEFT: windowtext; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent; BORDER-TOP: windowtext; BORDER-RIGHT: windowtext 0.5pt solid" class=xl66>F</TD><TD style="BORDER-BOTTOM: windowtext 0.5pt solid; BORDER-LEFT: windowtext; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent; BORDER-TOP: windowtext; BORDER-RIGHT: windowtext 0.5pt solid" class=xl66>H</TD></TR><TR style="HEIGHT: 15pt" height=20><TD style="BORDER-BOTTOM: windowtext 0.5pt solid; BORDER-LEFT: windowtext 0.5pt solid; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent; HEIGHT: 15pt; BORDER-TOP: windowtext; BORDER-RIGHT: windowtext 0.5pt solid" class=xl67 height=20>1</TD><TD style="BORDER-BOTTOM: windowtext 0.5pt solid; BORDER-LEFT: windowtext; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent; BORDER-TOP: windowtext; BORDER-RIGHT: windowtext 0.5pt solid" class=xl67>3</TD><TD style="BORDER-BOTTOM: windowtext 0.5pt solid; BORDER-LEFT: windowtext; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent; BORDER-TOP: windowtext; BORDER-RIGHT: windowtext 0.5pt solid" class=xl67>1</TD><TD style="BORDER-BOTTOM: windowtext 0.5pt solid; BORDER-LEFT: windowtext; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent; BORDER-TOP: windowtext; BORDER-RIGHT: windowtext 0.5pt solid" class=xl67>2</TD></TR><TR style="HEIGHT: 15.75pt" height=21><TD style="BORDER-BOTTOM: windowtext 0.5pt solid; BORDER-LEFT: windowtext 0.5pt solid; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent; HEIGHT: 15.75pt; BORDER-TOP: windowtext; BORDER-RIGHT: windowtext 0.5pt solid" class=xl67 height=21>11</TD><TD style="BORDER-BOTTOM: windowtext 0.5pt solid; BORDER-LEFT: windowtext; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent; BORDER-TOP: windowtext; BORDER-RIGHT: windowtext 0.5pt solid" class=xl67>2</TD><TD style="BORDER-BOTTOM: windowtext 0.5pt solid; BORDER-LEFT: windowtext; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent; BORDER-TOP: windowtext; BORDER-RIGHT: windowtext 0.5pt solid" class=xl67>11</TD><TD style="BORDER-BOTTOM: windowtext 0.5pt solid; BORDER-LEFT: windowtext; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent; BORDER-TOP: windowtext; BORDER-RIGHT: windowtext 0.5pt solid" class=xl67>12</TD></TR><TR style="HEIGHT: 15pt; mso-height-source: userset" height=20><TD style="BORDER-BOTTOM: windowtext 0.5pt solid; BORDER-LEFT: windowtext 0.5pt solid; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent; HEIGHT: 15pt; BORDER-TOP: windowtext; BORDER-RIGHT: windowtext 0.5pt solid" class=xl66 height=20>F</TD><TD style="BORDER-BOTTOM: windowtext 0.5pt solid; BORDER-LEFT: windowtext; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent; BORDER-TOP: windowtext; BORDER-RIGHT: windowtext 0.5pt solid" class=xl66>S</TD><TD style="BORDER-BOTTOM: windowtext 0.5pt solid; BORDER-LEFT: windowtext; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent; BORDER-TOP: windowtext; BORDER-RIGHT: windowtext 0.5pt solid" class=xl66>F</TD><TD style="BORDER-BOTTOM: windowtext 0.5pt solid; BORDER-LEFT: windowtext; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent; BORDER-TOP: windowtext; BORDER-RIGHT: windowtext 0.5pt solid" class=xl66>H</TD></TR><TR style="HEIGHT: 15pt; mso-height-source: userset" height=20><TD style="BORDER-BOTTOM: windowtext 0.5pt solid; BORDER-LEFT: windowtext 0.5pt solid; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent; HEIGHT: 15pt; BORDER-TOP: windowtext; BORDER-RIGHT: windowtext 0.5pt solid" class=xl67 height=20>1</TD><TD style="BORDER-BOTTOM: windowtext 0.5pt solid; BORDER-LEFT: windowtext; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent; BORDER-TOP: windowtext; BORDER-RIGHT: windowtext 0.5pt solid" class=xl67>3</TD><TD style="BORDER-BOTTOM: windowtext 0.5pt solid; BORDER-LEFT: windowtext; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent; BORDER-TOP: windowtext; BORDER-RIGHT: windowtext 0.5pt solid" class=xl67>1</TD><TD style="BORDER-BOTTOM: windowtext 0.5pt solid; BORDER-LEFT: windowtext; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent; BORDER-TOP: windowtext; BORDER-RIGHT: windowtext 0.5pt solid" class=xl67>2</TD></TR><TR style="HEIGHT: 15.75pt; mso-height-source: userset" height=21><TD style="BORDER-BOTTOM: windowtext 0.5pt solid; BORDER-LEFT: windowtext 0.5pt solid; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent; HEIGHT: 15.75pt; BORDER-TOP: windowtext; BORDER-RIGHT: windowtext 0.5pt solid" class=xl67 height=21>1</TD><TD style="BORDER-BOTTOM: windowtext 0.5pt solid; BORDER-LEFT: windowtext; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent; BORDER-TOP: windowtext; BORDER-RIGHT: windowtext 0.5pt solid" class=xl67>2</TD><TD style="BORDER-BOTTOM: windowtext 0.5pt solid; BORDER-LEFT: windowtext; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent; BORDER-TOP: windowtext; BORDER-RIGHT: windowtext 0.5pt solid" class=xl67>11</TD><TD style="BORDER-BOTTOM: windowtext 0.5pt solid; BORDER-LEFT: windowtext; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent; BORDER-TOP: windowtext; BORDER-RIGHT: windowtext 0.5pt solid" class=xl67>12</TD></TR><TR style="HEIGHT: 15pt; mso-height-source: userset" height=20><TD style="BORDER-BOTTOM: windowtext 0.5pt solid; BORDER-LEFT: windowtext 0.5pt solid; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent; HEIGHT: 15pt; BORDER-TOP: windowtext; BORDER-RIGHT: windowtext 0.5pt solid" class=xl66 height=20>F</TD><TD style="BORDER-BOTTOM: windowtext 0.5pt solid; BORDER-LEFT: windowtext; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent; BORDER-TOP: windowtext; BORDER-RIGHT: windowtext 0.5pt solid" class=xl66>S</TD><TD style="BORDER-BOTTOM: windowtext 0.5pt solid; BORDER-LEFT: windowtext; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent; BORDER-TOP: windowtext; BORDER-RIGHT: windowtext 0.5pt solid" class=xl66>F</TD><TD style="BORDER-BOTTOM: windowtext 0.5pt solid; BORDER-LEFT: windowtext; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent; BORDER-TOP: windowtext; BORDER-RIGHT: windowtext 0.5pt solid" class=xl66>H</TD></TR><TR style="HEIGHT: 15pt; mso-height-source: userset" height=20><TD style="BORDER-BOTTOM: windowtext 0.5pt solid; BORDER-LEFT: windowtext 0.5pt solid; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent; HEIGHT: 15pt; BORDER-TOP: windowtext; BORDER-RIGHT: windowtext 0.5pt solid" class=xl67 height=20>1</TD><TD style="BORDER-BOTTOM: windowtext 0.5pt solid; BORDER-LEFT: windowtext; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent; BORDER-TOP: windowtext; BORDER-RIGHT: windowtext 0.5pt solid" class=xl67>3</TD><TD style="BORDER-BOTTOM: windowtext 0.5pt solid; BORDER-LEFT: windowtext; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent; BORDER-TOP: windowtext; BORDER-RIGHT: windowtext 0.5pt solid" class=xl67>1</TD><TD style="BORDER-BOTTOM: windowtext 0.5pt solid; BORDER-LEFT: windowtext; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent; BORDER-TOP: windowtext; BORDER-RIGHT: windowtext 0.5pt solid" class=xl67>2</TD></TR><TR style="HEIGHT: 15.75pt; mso-height-source: userset" height=21><TD style="BORDER-BOTTOM: windowtext 0.5pt solid; BORDER-LEFT: windowtext 0.5pt solid; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent; HEIGHT: 15.75pt; BORDER-TOP: windowtext; BORDER-RIGHT: windowtext 0.5pt solid" class=xl67 height=21>1</TD><TD style="BORDER-BOTTOM: windowtext 0.5pt solid; BORDER-LEFT: windowtext; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent; BORDER-TOP: windowtext; BORDER-RIGHT: windowtext 0.5pt solid" class=xl67>2</TD><TD style="BORDER-BOTTOM: windowtext 0.5pt solid; BORDER-LEFT: windowtext; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent; BORDER-TOP: windowtext; BORDER-RIGHT: windowtext 0.5pt solid" class=xl67>11</TD><TD style="BORDER-BOTTOM: windowtext 0.5pt solid; BORDER-LEFT: windowtext; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent; BORDER-TOP: windowtext; BORDER-RIGHT: windowtext 0.5pt solid" class=xl67>12</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

Would you re-write this formula in terms of ranges related to the sample above? Omit any sheet name and also mention the values that we need in W2, W3, W4, and W5? [\QUOTE]

=IFERROR(SUM(IF(B2:B8=IF($W$2="All",B2:B8,$W$2),IF(C2:C8=IF($W$3="All",C2:C8,$W$3),IF(D2:D8=IF($W$5="All",D2:D8,$W$5),IF(G2:J8=IF($W$4="ALL",G2:J8,$W$4),IF($G$3:$J$9=1,$G$3:$J$9)))))),"-")

Right now,
W2=Lewis
W3=Smith
W4=All
W5=All

Upvote 0
<TABLE style="WIDTH: 128pt; BORDER-COLLAPSE: collapse" border=0 cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width=168><COLGROUP><COL style="WIDTH: 32pt; mso-width-source: userset; mso-width-alt: 1536" span=4 width=42><TBODY><TR style="HEIGHT: 15.75pt" height=21><TD style="BORDER-BOTTOM: windowtext 0.5pt solid; BORDER-LEFT: windowtext 0.5pt solid; BACKGROUND-COLOR: black; WIDTH: 32pt; HEIGHT: 15.75pt; BORDER-TOP: windowtext 0.5pt solid; BORDER-RIGHT: windowtext 0.5pt solid" class=xl65 height=21 width=42>1</TD><TD style="BORDER-BOTTOM: windowtext 0.5pt solid; BORDER-LEFT: windowtext; BACKGROUND-COLOR: black; WIDTH: 32pt; BORDER-TOP: windowtext 0.5pt solid; BORDER-RIGHT: windowtext 0.5pt solid" class=xl65 width=42>2</TD><TD style="BORDER-BOTTOM: windowtext 0.5pt solid; BORDER-LEFT: windowtext; BACKGROUND-COLOR: black; WIDTH: 32pt; BORDER-TOP: windowtext 0.5pt solid; BORDER-RIGHT: windowtext 0.5pt solid" class=xl65 width=42>3</TD><TD style="BORDER-BOTTOM: windowtext 0.5pt solid; BORDER-LEFT: windowtext; BACKGROUND-COLOR: black; WIDTH: 32pt; BORDER-TOP: windowtext 0.5pt solid; BORDER-RIGHT: windowtext 0.5pt solid" class=xl65 width=42>4</TD></TR><TR style="HEIGHT: 15pt" height=20><TD style="BORDER-BOTTOM: windowtext 0.5pt solid; BORDER-LEFT: windowtext 0.5pt solid; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent; HEIGHT: 15pt; BORDER-TOP: windowtext; BORDER-RIGHT: windowtext 0.5pt solid" class=xl66 height=20>F</TD><TD style="BORDER-BOTTOM: windowtext 0.5pt solid; BORDER-LEFT: windowtext; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent; BORDER-TOP: windowtext; BORDER-RIGHT: windowtext 0.5pt solid" class=xl66>S</TD><TD style="BORDER-BOTTOM: windowtext 0.5pt solid; BORDER-LEFT: windowtext; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent; BORDER-TOP: windowtext; BORDER-RIGHT: windowtext 0.5pt solid" class=xl66>F</TD><TD style="BORDER-BOTTOM: windowtext 0.5pt solid; BORDER-LEFT: windowtext; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent; BORDER-TOP: windowtext; BORDER-RIGHT: windowtext 0.5pt solid" class=xl66>H</TD></TR><TR style="HEIGHT: 15pt" height=20><TD style="BORDER-BOTTOM: windowtext 0.5pt solid; BORDER-LEFT: windowtext 0.5pt solid; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent; HEIGHT: 15pt; BORDER-TOP: windowtext; BORDER-RIGHT: windowtext 0.5pt solid" class=xl67 height=20>1</TD><TD style="BORDER-BOTTOM: windowtext 0.5pt solid; BORDER-LEFT: windowtext; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent; BORDER-TOP: windowtext; BORDER-RIGHT: windowtext 0.5pt solid" class=xl67>3</TD><TD style="BORDER-BOTTOM: windowtext 0.5pt solid; BORDER-LEFT: windowtext; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent; BORDER-TOP: windowtext; BORDER-RIGHT: windowtext 0.5pt solid" class=xl67>1</TD><TD style="BORDER-BOTTOM: windowtext 0.5pt solid; BORDER-LEFT: windowtext; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent; BORDER-TOP: windowtext; BORDER-RIGHT: windowtext 0.5pt solid" class=xl67>2</TD></TR><TR style="HEIGHT: 15.75pt" height=21><TD style="BORDER-BOTTOM: windowtext 0.5pt solid; BORDER-LEFT: windowtext 0.5pt solid; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent; HEIGHT: 15.75pt; BORDER-TOP: windowtext; BORDER-RIGHT: windowtext 0.5pt solid" class=xl67 height=21>11</TD><TD style="BORDER-BOTTOM: windowtext 0.5pt solid; BORDER-LEFT: windowtext; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent; BORDER-TOP: windowtext; BORDER-RIGHT: windowtext 0.5pt solid" class=xl67>2</TD><TD style="BORDER-BOTTOM: windowtext 0.5pt solid; BORDER-LEFT: windowtext; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent; BORDER-TOP: windowtext; BORDER-RIGHT: windowtext 0.5pt solid" class=xl67>11</TD><TD style="BORDER-BOTTOM: windowtext 0.5pt solid; BORDER-LEFT: windowtext; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent; BORDER-TOP: windowtext; BORDER-RIGHT: windowtext 0.5pt solid" class=xl67>12</TD></TR><TR style="HEIGHT: 15pt; mso-height-source: userset" height=20><TD style="BORDER-BOTTOM: windowtext 0.5pt solid; BORDER-LEFT: windowtext 0.5pt solid; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent; HEIGHT: 15pt; BORDER-TOP: windowtext; BORDER-RIGHT: windowtext 0.5pt solid" class=xl66 height=20>F</TD><TD style="BORDER-BOTTOM: windowtext 0.5pt solid; BORDER-LEFT: windowtext; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent; BORDER-TOP: windowtext; BORDER-RIGHT: windowtext 0.5pt solid" class=xl66>S</TD><TD style="BORDER-BOTTOM: windowtext 0.5pt solid; BORDER-LEFT: windowtext; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent; BORDER-TOP: windowtext; BORDER-RIGHT: windowtext 0.5pt solid" class=xl66>F</TD><TD style="BORDER-BOTTOM: windowtext 0.5pt solid; BORDER-LEFT: windowtext; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent; BORDER-TOP: windowtext; BORDER-RIGHT: windowtext 0.5pt solid" class=xl66>H</TD></TR><TR style="HEIGHT: 15pt; mso-height-source: userset" height=20><TD style="BORDER-BOTTOM: windowtext 0.5pt solid; BORDER-LEFT: windowtext 0.5pt solid; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent; HEIGHT: 15pt; BORDER-TOP: windowtext; BORDER-RIGHT: windowtext 0.5pt solid" class=xl67 height=20>1</TD><TD style="BORDER-BOTTOM: windowtext 0.5pt solid; BORDER-LEFT: windowtext; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent; BORDER-TOP: windowtext; BORDER-RIGHT: windowtext 0.5pt solid" class=xl67>3</TD><TD style="BORDER-BOTTOM: windowtext 0.5pt solid; BORDER-LEFT: windowtext; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent; BORDER-TOP: windowtext; BORDER-RIGHT: windowtext 0.5pt solid" class=xl67>1</TD><TD style="BORDER-BOTTOM: windowtext 0.5pt solid; BORDER-LEFT: windowtext; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent; BORDER-TOP: windowtext; BORDER-RIGHT: windowtext 0.5pt solid" class=xl67>2</TD></TR><TR style="HEIGHT: 15.75pt; mso-height-source: userset" height=21><TD style="BORDER-BOTTOM: windowtext 0.5pt solid; BORDER-LEFT: windowtext 0.5pt solid; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent; HEIGHT: 15.75pt; BORDER-TOP: windowtext; BORDER-RIGHT: windowtext 0.5pt solid" class=xl67 height=21>1</TD><TD style="BORDER-BOTTOM: windowtext 0.5pt solid; BORDER-LEFT: windowtext; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent; BORDER-TOP: windowtext; BORDER-RIGHT: windowtext 0.5pt solid" class=xl67>2</TD><TD style="BORDER-BOTTOM: windowtext 0.5pt solid; BORDER-LEFT: windowtext; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent; BORDER-TOP: windowtext; BORDER-RIGHT: windowtext 0.5pt solid" class=xl67>11</TD><TD style="BORDER-BOTTOM: windowtext 0.5pt solid; BORDER-LEFT: windowtext; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent; BORDER-TOP: windowtext; BORDER-RIGHT: windowtext 0.5pt solid" class=xl67>12</TD></TR><TR style="HEIGHT: 15pt; mso-height-source: userset" height=20><TD style="BORDER-BOTTOM: windowtext 0.5pt solid; BORDER-LEFT: windowtext 0.5pt solid; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent; HEIGHT: 15pt; BORDER-TOP: windowtext; BORDER-RIGHT: windowtext 0.5pt solid" class=xl66 height=20>F</TD><TD style="BORDER-BOTTOM: windowtext 0.5pt solid; BORDER-LEFT: windowtext; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent; BORDER-TOP: windowtext; BORDER-RIGHT: windowtext 0.5pt solid" class=xl66>S</TD><TD style="BORDER-BOTTOM: windowtext 0.5pt solid; BORDER-LEFT: windowtext; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent; BORDER-TOP: windowtext; BORDER-RIGHT: windowtext 0.5pt solid" class=xl66>F</TD><TD style="BORDER-BOTTOM: windowtext 0.5pt solid; BORDER-LEFT: windowtext; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent; BORDER-TOP: windowtext; BORDER-RIGHT: windowtext 0.5pt solid" class=xl66>H</TD></TR><TR style="HEIGHT: 15pt; mso-height-source: userset" height=20><TD style="BORDER-BOTTOM: windowtext 0.5pt solid; BORDER-LEFT: windowtext 0.5pt solid; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent; HEIGHT: 15pt; BORDER-TOP: windowtext; BORDER-RIGHT: windowtext 0.5pt solid" class=xl67 height=20>1</TD><TD style="BORDER-BOTTOM: windowtext 0.5pt solid; BORDER-LEFT: windowtext; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent; BORDER-TOP: windowtext; BORDER-RIGHT: windowtext 0.5pt solid" class=xl67>3</TD><TD style="BORDER-BOTTOM: windowtext 0.5pt solid; BORDER-LEFT: windowtext; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent; BORDER-TOP: windowtext; BORDER-RIGHT: windowtext 0.5pt solid" class=xl67>1</TD><TD style="BORDER-BOTTOM: windowtext 0.5pt solid; BORDER-LEFT: windowtext; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent; BORDER-TOP: windowtext; BORDER-RIGHT: windowtext 0.5pt solid" class=xl67>2</TD></TR><TR style="HEIGHT: 15.75pt; mso-height-source: userset" height=21><TD style="BORDER-BOTTOM: windowtext 0.5pt solid; BORDER-LEFT: windowtext 0.5pt solid; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent; HEIGHT: 15.75pt; BORDER-TOP: windowtext; BORDER-RIGHT: windowtext 0.5pt solid" class=xl67 height=21>1</TD><TD style="BORDER-BOTTOM: windowtext 0.5pt solid; BORDER-LEFT: windowtext; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent; BORDER-TOP: windowtext; BORDER-RIGHT: windowtext 0.5pt solid" class=xl67>2</TD><TD style="BORDER-BOTTOM: windowtext 0.5pt solid; BORDER-LEFT: windowtext; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent; BORDER-TOP: windowtext; BORDER-RIGHT: windowtext 0.5pt solid" class=xl67>11</TD><TD style="BORDER-BOTTOM: windowtext 0.5pt solid; BORDER-LEFT: windowtext; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent; BORDER-TOP: windowtext; BORDER-RIGHT: windowtext 0.5pt solid" class=xl67>12</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

Would you re-write this formula in terms of ranges related to the sample above? Omit any sheet name and also mention the values that we need in W2, W3, W4, and W5? [\QUOTE]

=IFERROR(SUM(IF(B2:B8=IF($W$2="All",B2:B8,$W$2),IF(C2:C8=IF($W$3="All",C2:C8,$W$3),IF(D2:D8=IF($W$5="All",D2:D8,$W$5),IF(G2:J8=IF($W$4="ALL",G2:J8,$W$4),IF($G$3:$J$9=1,$G$3:$J$9)))))),"-")

Right now,
W2=Lewis
W3=Smith
W4=All
W5=All

So we have G2:J10, but we miss B2:D10. Would you post that range too in the same way as G2:J10? Also, state what result the bove formula yields for the sample under consideration?

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
peterhess2002

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back