SUMPRODUCT Formula with If & division

jgarland

Board Regular
I need a sumproduct formula as shown below. The formula will be in a different cell at the bottom of the sheet.

My formula is =IF(SUMPRODUCT(C2:C22="CLF"),SUMPRODUCT(B2:B22/100,BE2:BE22,B2:B22,BE23:BE22))

Basically, If column C contains CLF then divide column B by 100, times the value in column BE (99.95 total), otherwise if column C is blank then column BE times column B (total 9,995.00).

The result of this formula is FALSE, instead of the desired 99.95 or 9,995.00. I have altered this formula every way I can think of, plus researched the net, and I still can't make it work. Any help is greatly appreciated.

Edit: the screen is not showing correctly; Column A shows 99.95 (in red), column B shows 99.95, column C shows CLF, column BE shows 100.

A B C BE
olumn B
Capture.JPG

Excel Facts

Back into an answer in Excel
Use Data, What-If Analysis, Goal Seek to find the correct input cell value to reach a desired result
=SUMPRODUCT(((C2:C22="CLF")*(B2:B22/100)*(BE2:BE22))+((C2:C22<>"CLF")*(B2:B22)*(BE2:BE22)))

Upvote 0
Thanks for catching the typo!

Your formula returns #VALUE!. I did a copy and paste and verified the formula but it seems not to work.

Thoughts?

Upvote 0
I'm not sure if I understand your exact requirements, but:
Excel Formula:
=SUMPRODUCT(--(C2:C22="clf"),(B2:B22)/100,BE2:BE22)+SUMPRODUCT(--(C2:C22<>"clf"),B2:B22,BE2:BE22)

This is doing the following:
If the value in col C is 'CLF' then b/100*be
If col C is anything but "CLF" then b*be
And summed up from 2 to 22. But I'm not very sure this is what you want.

Upvote 0
Solution
Your description is correct, but it still returns #VALUE!.
Check (B2:B22 ) columns . is there Space or "" which is invisible by formating.Text devide by number can cause #value err.

if there is no formula in range (B2:B22) .clear the cells which has no data.
U can check by istext(B2) and drag down.

Upvote 0
That seemed to be it! I made sure of the formatting and now your formula is working. Thank you so much for your help! (y)(y)(y)(y)(y)

Upvote 0
In another area of my spreadsheet I have this same setup, except column B (cell B2) contains a formula that pulls in pricing from elsewhere. The solution you provided works just fine on an empty cell with user input of pricing, but not on a cell that contains a formula (the dreaded #VALUE!). I've tried to modify your solution but so far I can't get it to work. Any ideas?

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nzskater

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back