Sumproduct/Index mismatch?

dalian

Hello everybody,

I have a worksheet called "Sales" which is built as a small database with a fixed number of columns (22) and around 200 rows for the moment (will increase in the future). This range is called "ALLDATA". The data itself starts at row 3; row 2 (TOPROW) only contains parameters that refer to the letter of the column and to the number of lines in ALLDATA, so for example I will have the following :

Row 2, column A -> ="$A"&ROWS(ALLDATA),
Row 2, column B -> ="$B"&ROWS(ALLDATA)
Etc.

What I am trying to do is retrieve data from column L of this sheet and sum it in sheet "Analysis" based on two conditions : product name (col D of "Sales") and type (col C) and I am using "sumproduct" for that, but for some reason, the following isn't working -

=SUMPRODUCT(((Sales!$C4:INDEX(TOPROW,0,3))="1")*((Sales!$D4:INDEX(TOPROW,0,4))=D10),((Sales!$L4:INDEX(TOPROW,0,12))))

Since the number of rows in "Sales" varies on a regular basis, I don't want to hard-code anything in the formula, but it seems that the problem comes from combining "sumproduct" and "index" in the same formula, and my question is how could I make this work?

Any help will be appreciated,

Thanks,

Dalian

Excel Facts

Create a chart in one keystroke
Select the data and press Alt+F1 to insert a default chart. You can change the default chart to any chart type
I think the problem is that your named Range TOPROW is a 1 Cell Reference. A200 or something. And your Index formula is trying to retrn the the 3rd column of that. There's no such column...

My best advice would be to begin by hard coding the Ranges into the formula until it works.

THEN work on naming the ranges.
You also have way too many parentheses...
maybe you could use indirect here...
Code:
=SUMPRODUCT((INDIRCT("Sales!$C4:C" & TOPROW)=1)*(INDIRECT("Sales!$D4:D" & TOPROW)=D10),INDIRECT("Sales!$L4:L" & TOPROW))

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mariah3

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back