Sumproduct, Isnumber & Match Multiple Columns Query

Chorseman22

Office Version
  1. 365
Platform
  1. Windows
Hi all, first time post to the forum and I was wondering if any excel genius could help.

I need to match match match multiple and sum against multiple columns of information, I'm nearly there but cannot figure out how to finish the formula.

Here is where I am so far;
=SUMPRODUCT(--ISNUMBER(MATCH(B6:B23,I6:I23,0))+ISNUMBER(MATCH(B6:B23,J6:J23,0))+ISNUMBER(MATCH(B6:B23,K6:K23,0))+ISNUMBER(MATCH(B6:B23,L6:L23,0))+ISNUMBER(MATCH(B6:B23,M6:M23,0)),--ISNUMBER(MATCH(D6:D23,O6,0)))

This is giving the total number of matches between column B and columns H-M (data shown in the picture above) resulting in 4. ie, there are 4 matches between the two sets of data against the name Charlie Horseman.

What I now need to do is sum those matches against the column 'GAIN / LOSS' the value needs to result in -£378.94. (the sum of all incident numbers in both columns against column H)

Any and all help appreciated

Attachments

• Sumproduct, Isnumber, Match & Multiply.jpg
    Sumproduct, Isnumber, Match & Multiply.jpg
    179.9 KB · Views: 20

Excel Facts

Copy a format multiple times
Select a formatted range. Double-click the Format Painter (left side of Home tab). You can paste formatting multiple times. Esc to stop
Hi & welcome to MrExcel.

Can you post some sample data to the thread, rather than just an image.

MrExcel has a tool called “XL2BB” that lets you post samples of your data that will allow us to copy/paste it to our Excel spreadsheets, so we can work with the same copy of data that you are. Instructions on using this tool can be found here: XL2BB Add-in

Note that there is also a "Test Here” forum on this board. This is a place where you can test using this tool (or any other posting techniques that you want to test) before trying to use those tools in your actual posts.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Marcus05

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back