Sumproduct issue (counting blank cells)

SLEEVELESS88

Greetings all! First Time poster,
I am having an issue with a SUMPRODUCT formula to where the the outcome is counting all the blank cells. I have read through many posts about adding the same range with a (,<>"") at the end and it only produces a #VALUE error as a result. Below is my formula with an explanation of what I am trying to do.

=IF($BA8=$A$6,SUMPRODUCT(--($K$6:$K$200=$L$6:$L$200)),0)

I am working a Verification document for my job. We forecast weather events for aircraft and need to verify whether it is forecasted and if it occurs. These are answered with a Y or N.

$BA8 is a name of a forecaster and need to make a true value if it is equal with the same name is $A$6.

$K$6 is the first block with a Y or N
$L$6 is the second block with a Y or N.

If both of these values are equal, then I need it to get counted within the cell that I place the formula.

Right now I got as far as a working formula but it counts all of the blanks and gives me a total of 195 after counting the entire range of cells.

I feel that this is an easy solution but I have been attempting to comb through other posts for hours trying to piece together a working formula, to no avail.

Any assitance is appreciated!

Thank you for your time!

Sleeveless.

Excel Facts

Format cells as date
Select range and press Ctrl+Shift+3 to format cells as date. (Shift 3 is the # sign which sort of looks like a small calendar).
Will they always bee blank in both K and L? If not - will the blank always be on one side?
If the blank is always on the right when not matching, and the left when you do match another blank - you could simply check the number of blanks in column K and subtract from your current value? That is definitely NOT the technical way to do it, but could work.

=IF($BA8=$A$6,((SUMPRODUCT(--($K$6:$K$200=$L$6:$L$200)))-(COUNTBLANK($K$6:$K$200))),0)

Upvote 0
How did you implement the <>""?

This should work:
=IF($BA8=$A$6,SUMPRODUCT(--($K$6:$K$200=$L$6:$L$200),--($K$6:$K$200<>"")),0)

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
skydd

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back