SUMPRODUCT #SPILL! Error

SaraWitch

Office Version
  1. 365
Platform
  1. Windows
Hello peeps,

I am trying to sum a column of figures in another workbook between two dates and based on text in two other different columns (but still in the other workbook). The closest formula I've got to is giving a #SPILL! error and I can't figure out how to fix it. The formula is:

=SUMPRODUCT('[Workbook A]'Sheet 1'!$BK:$BK)*('[Workbook A]'Sheet 1'!$BD:$BD<=H$2)*('[Workbook A]'Sheet 1'!$BD:$BD>=C$2)*'[Workbook A]'Sheet 1'!$F:$F="EBC")*('[Workbook A]'Sheet 1'!$H:$H="General Needs")

BK is the figure I want to sum from other workbook.
BD is the date I want to select from other workbook.
H is the finish date in current workbook.
C is the start date in current workbook.
F is the first text match in other workbook
H is the second text match in other workbook.

I hope this makes sense for someone to know what I'm doing wrong! Of course, let me know if clarification is needed...

Ta muchly, folks! :)

Hey @Fluff.

Ach. I am now copying this formula to another cell with slightly different criteria, but am getting a #CALC error, which I don't know how to fix!

So, the formula you gave yesterday worked in cell C8. When I copy this to D8 and change the search words, it shows the error, and so on for the six other cells I need this formula for. Revised formula I used in D8 is:

=SUM(FILTER('[Workbook A]Sheet 1'!$BK:$BK,('[Workbook A]Sheet 1'!$BD:$BD<=H$2)*('[Workbook A]Sheet 1'!$BD:$BD>=C$2)*('[Workbook A]Sheet 1'!$F:$F="EBC")*('[Workbook A]Sheet 1'!$H:$H="Retirement Housing")))

E8:

=SUM(FILTER('[Workbook A]Sheet 1'!$BK:$BK,('[Workbook A]Sheet 1'!$BD:$BD<=H$2)*('[Workbook A]Sheet 1'!$BD:$BD>=C$2)*('[Workbook A]Sheet 1'!$F:$F="EHICL")*('[Workbook A]Sheet 1'!$H:$H="PSL (EHICL)")))

And so on...

Any further help would be gratefully received! :)

Upvote 0

Excel Facts

Test for Multiple Conditions in IF?
Use AND(test, test, test, test) or OR(test, test, test, ...) as the logical_test argument of IF.
The #calc error means there was nothing that matches all criteria, you can get rid of it like
Excel Formula:
=SUM(FILTER('[Workbook A]Sheet 1'!$BK:$BK,('[Workbook A]Sheet 1'!$BD:$BD<=H$2)*('[Workbook A]Sheet 1'!$BD:$BD>=C$2)*('[Workbook A]Sheet 1'!$F:$F="EBC")*('[Workbook A]Sheet 1'!$H:$H="Retirement Housing"),0))

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
visheshkotha

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back