SUMPRODUCT / SUMIFS Formula

excelbytes

Office Version
  1. 365
Platform
  1. Windows
I need some help being pointed in the right direction to create a formula. I have a Summary worksheet, and 31 additional worksheets, one for each day of the month. On the Summary worksheet is range B26:B39 that contains the name of a delivery company. On each of the 31 worksheets are the following ranges: C14:C43 = name of the delivery company, I14:I43 contains qty ordered, J14:J43 contains qty delivered, K14:K43 = cost per unit to delivery.

I need to sum up each of the 31 worksheets (that I have the worksheet names in a list named "Sheets"), (I-J)*K for each individual delivery company. The delivery companies will vary and won't be in order. Also the cost per unit will very on each line item.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Excel Facts

Back into an answer in Excel
Use Data, What-If Analysis, Goal Seek to find the correct input cell value to reach a desired result
Power Query would handle this easily after a little bit of setup. I don't think its that much more complicated to learn than SUMPRODUCT and has been very useful for me.

Upvote 0
Solution
Unfortunately, in this case, Power Query is not an option. Do you know how best to structure the formula for this?

Upvote 0
Actually, I went the route of Power Query and I think it's going to work just fine. Thanks for the suggestion.

Upvote 0
You could put all the data from the 31 sheets into one Data sheet.
You could then use Pivot table, Data Table, Filters etc.

The example below works, Column L is the extension of Qty * Rate

With Excel versions prior to 365, the Sum formula must be Array Entered CSE or use the Sumproduct.

3D Sumif.xlsm
ABCD
2Sheets5555
31a
41b
51c
Summary2
Cell Formulas
RangeFormula
C1:C2C1=SUM(SUMIF(INDIRECT("'"&Sheets&"'!"&"c14:C43"),B26,INDIRECT("'"&Sheets&"'!"&"L14:L43")))
D1:D2D1=SUMPRODUCT(SUMIF(INDIRECT("'"&Sheets&"'!"&"c14:C43"),B26,INDIRECT("'"&Sheets&"'!"&"L14:L43")))
Named Ranges
NameRefers ToCells
Sheets=Summary2!$A$3:$A$5C1:D2

Upvote 0
As I mentioned previously, I ultimately went the route of Power Query which pulled all 31 tables into one Master table. I added some calculations to the table and from there is was easy. I actually used a formula in my project virtually the same as one that you suggested: =SUM(SUMIFS(INDIRECT("'"&Sheets&"'!I14:I43"),INDIRECT("'"&Sheets&"'!C14:C43"),$B26))

My initial challenge was to create a formula that would pull the client specific data from each of the 31 sheets including the calculation of (I-J)*K to see if that was possible. Still wondering if it is, but not necessary since going with the Power Query approach.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
staticfluids

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back